Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
TMT Predictions 2018 Part 1-3 - Thematic Research
For 2018, the big tech themes are: machine learning, voice, data centres, cybersecurity, virtual & augmented reality, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, Internet TV, cloud computing, the Splinternet, the Internet of Things (including the automated home, autonomous vehicles, the industrial Internet, ambient commerce and the medical Internet of things), genomics, silicon photonics, 5G, robotics, the sharing economy, China, regulation, net neutrality, software defined networking, electric vehicles, batteries, 3D printing, quantum computing and M&A.
In this report, we look at the big tech themes for 2018, identifying winners and losers for each theme. Organised by theme, this report is one of two annually published ‘multi-theme' reports; the other is the ‘Tech & Media Trends 2018‘ report, which is organised by sector.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our "thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData's "thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
1. MACHINE LEARNING 4
2. VOICE 5
3. DATA CENTRES 6
4. CYBERSECURITY 7
5. VIRTUAL & AUGMENTED REALITY 8
6. BLOCKCHAIN 9
7. CRYPTOCURRENCIES 10
8. INTERNET TV 11
9. CLOUD COMPUTING 12
10. SPLINTERNET 13
11. INTERNET OF THINGS 14
12. THE AUTOMATED HOME (IOT) 15
13. AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES (IOT) 16
14. INDUSTRIAL INTERNET (IOT) 17
15. AMBIENT COMMERCE (IOT) 18
16. MEDICAL INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) 20
17. GENOMICS 21
18. SILICON PHOTONICS 22
19. 5G 23
20. ROBOTICS 24
21. CHINA 25
22. SHARING ECONOMY 26
23. REGULATION 27
23. (a) Net neutrality 28
23. (b) Tax avoidance 29
24. SOFTWARE DEFINED NETWORKING 30
25. ELECTRIC VEHICLES 31
26. BATTERIES 32
27. 3D PRINTING 33
28. QUANTUM COMPUTING 34
29. M&A 35
30. GENERATION #HASHTAG 36
31. APPENDIX: OUR "THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 37
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Amazon AMD Apple Baidu Cambricon Cerebras Cisco Cray Dawning Dell Facebook Fujitsu Google Graphcore HPE Huawei IBM Inspur Intel Lenovo Micron Microsoft Nvidia Samsung Samsung Electronics SAP SK Hynix Tencent Toshiba consortium Western Digital Xilinx
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports