Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Tech Regulation - Thematic Research
The international legal system, based on separate national sovereignties, is struggling with its task of providing a framework for internet governance, given the cross-border flows of online services. Yet a raft of online abuses culminating with the Facebook / Cambridge Analytica scandal is likely to force authorities to act unilaterally to regulate companies in certain areas, including data privacy, data protection, anti-trust, tax avoidance, legal status as a content platform, net neutrality, anti-social behaviour, obstruction of justice, and copyright.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our "thematic engine”. About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData's "thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
A FREE AND OPEN INTERNET HAS HAD UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES 3
NOW THE TECH INDUSTRY FACES A REGULATORY BACKLASH 3
Data privacy and data protection 3
Tax avoidance 5
Legal status of content aggregators 6
Net neutrality 7
Promoting anti-social and criminal behaviour 8
Obstruction of justice 8
IN TIME, THIS WILL LEAD TO THE "SPLINTERNET” 10
THEMATIC IMPLICATIONS 10
SOCIAL MEDIA SECTOR SCORECARD 11
Who's who in the social media sector 11
Thematic screen 12
Valuation screen 13
Risk Screen 14
INTERNET SECTOR SCORECARD 15
Who's who in the internet sector 15
Thematic screen 16
Valuation screen 17
Risk Screen 18
APPENDIX: OUR "THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 19
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Alibaba Alphabet Amazon DeNA Facebook Gree Groupon Kakao Line Mail.Ru Match Microsoft Mixi Momo Naver Renren Sina Snap Tencent TripAdvisor Twitter Weibo Xing Yahoo! Japan Yandex Yelp YY
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports