Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Romania: Country Intelligence Report
"Romania: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Romania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in the Romania over 2018-2023 will be driven by mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data revenue will be driven by rising smartphone subscriptions, increasing adoption of high-speed LTE/LTE-A services with higher-ARPU, and the expected launch of 5G services in 2020. Going forwards, operators will focus on data-centric services and gear-up for readying 5G. Broadband revenue will be driven by supported government subsidies to local operators to promote broadband access in rural and white spot areas.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Romania.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Romania will grow at a CAGR of 3.0% in RON (2.1% in USD ) over 2018-2023
- Mobile revenue will account for 66.7% of total telecom revenue in 2023.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the period 2018-2023. Growing demand for high-speed data services and wider LTE network coverage as a result of operators' network expansion will remain key drivers for 4G subscription growth. We expect 5G to be commercially launched by 2020.
- The top two mobile operators, Vodafone Romania and Orange Romania will account for 69.2% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2018.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Romania's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Romania's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Romania's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Romania.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Telekom Romania 28
Orange Romania 29
Vodafone Romania 30
RCS & RDS 31
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Research methodology 39
About the author 40
Country Intelligence Report coverage 41
About GlobalData 42
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
ANACOM, Ministry of Communications and Information Society, Digital Agenda for Europe, mobile broadband, 3G in Romania, 4G in Romania, LTE in Romania, 5G, in Romania, fixed broadband, pay-TV, fiber-optic network, FTTH in Romania, Prepaid in Romania, postpaid in Romania, pay-TV in Romania, Romania IPTV, Romania Cable TV, Romania DTH, Vodafone Romania, Telekom Romania, orange Romania, RCS&RDS (Digi), Lycamobile, UPC romania, Nextgen
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports