Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
5G: Fixed Wireless-An Early 5G Use Case
"5G: Fixed Wireless-An Early 5G Use Case", a research report by GlobalData, examines the 5G fixed wireless (FWA) use cases for telcos. Leveraging primary and secondary research, the report provides an overview of the 5G FWA environment and assessment of the telcos initiatives to launch 5G FWA services.
Operators in some markets are competing to be first to market with commercial 5G. Fixed-wireless access (FWA) offers a way for operators to begin offering 5G services ahead of full standards and the availability of 5G- enabled mobile devices.5G FWA offers a stepping stone to future mobile 5G use cases, and future converged networks. The lessons learned from deploying 5G FWA can be leveraged for future 5G use cases.
The report is structured as follows-
- Section 1: Introduction-5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA); this section provides an introduction to the 5G FWA landscape
- Section 2: 5G FWA Considerations and Use Cases; this section looks at various technical, business, and market factors that influence 5G FWA use cases
- Section 3: Case Studies; this section analyses Verizon and AT&T's 5G initiatives
- Section 4: Key findings and recommendations; we conclude the report with a set of key findings, critical considerations, and recommendations.
- Fixed wireless to be first pre-standard 5G use case
- Fibre and spectrum considerations are important
- Operators should build flexible and diverse 5G portfolios.
Reasons to buy
- This Global Outlook report provides an overview of 5G FWA use cases for telcos to help executives understand market dynamics, formulate effective product development plans, optimize resource allocation, and return on investment.
- The report discusses key factors influencing 5G FWA, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telcos.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the different approaches that telcos are adopting to foster their presence within the 5G value chain and ecosystem.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 5
Section 1: Introduction-5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) 6
Key use cases 7
Why 5G Fixed-Wireless Access? 8
Section 2: 5G FWA Considerations and Use Cases 9
5G Fixed Wireless-Technology Speed 10
5G Fixed Wireless-Spectrum 11
5G Fixed Wireless-Technology Limitations 12
5G Fixed Wireless-Types of Operators 13
5G Fixed Wireless-Operator Views 14
5G Fixed Wireless-Vendor Landscape 15
5G Fixed Wireless Use Case: Last-Mile Solution for Fiber Connectivity 16
5G Fixed Wireless Use Case: Backhaul For Mobile Services 17
Section 3: Case Studies 18
Case study: Verizon 19
Case study: AT&T 22
Section 4: Key findings and recommendations 24
Acronyms and definitions 27
Companies mentioned 29
Related research 30
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Why fixed wireless? 8
Exhibit 2: 5G US timeline 10
Exhibit 3: Spectrum considerations for 5G FWA 11
Exhibit 4: Millimeter wave atmospheric absorption 14
Exhibit 5: Operators exploring 5G FWA 13
Exhibit 6: Ericsson estimation of 5G FWA cost 16
Exhibit 7: Small cell deployment projections 17
Exhibit 8: 28 GHZ band spectrum ownership 20
Exhibit 9: Broadband price comparisons 21
Exhibit 10: 39 GHZ band spectrum ownership 23
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Straight Path Communications
5G, 4G, 3GPP, IMT, IoT, LTE, IMT-2020, mobile broadband, 5G Fixed wireless, 5G FWA
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports