Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
France: Country Intelligence Report
"France: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in France today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
France's telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from EUR 34.0bn (USD 38.4bn) in 2017 to EUR 37.6bn (USD 44.2bn) by year-end 2022 at a CAGR of 2.0% (2.8% in USD ) over 2017-2022, driven by projected growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Fixed broadband was the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 7.0% (7.9% in USD ) over 2017-2022, reaching EUR 12bn (USD 14.1bn) by 2022, driven by growing consumption of online videos and social media applications on mobile devices in line with rising mobile Internet subscriptions and expanding 4G/LTE-A network. Going forward, France's pay-TV market is expected to decline at a CAGR of 1.4% (0.6% in USD ) given the drop in DTH and cable subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in France.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in France will grow at a CAGR of 2% in terms of EUR (2.8% in USD ) during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 54.1% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services.
- Orange France leads France's mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Numericable-SFR, Free, Bouygue Telecom and La Poste Mobile among others. To consolidate its position in the mobile market, Orange France plans to cover 99% of the population by the end of 2018 and also to focus on expanding its LTE-A network.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of France's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in France's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in France's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in France.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Orange France 28
Bouygues Telecom 31
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Research methodology 39
About the authors 40
Country Intelligence Report coverage 41
About GlobalData 42
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Orange France Numericable-SFR Free Bouygue Telecom La Poste Mobile and CanalSat
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports