Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Norsk Hydro ASA (NHY)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Norsk Hydro ASA (Hydro) is a global supplier of aluminum and an electricity producer. Its operations span the value chain, from bauxite extraction to the production of rolled and extruded aluminum products and building systems. Its portfolio of products include bauxite, alumina, extrusion ingots, foundry alloys, sheet and remelt ingots, wire rods, foil for technical applications, and strips and sheets for litho, renewable energy, packaging, transport, heat exchangers, distributors and industrial applications. The company also owns and operates hydro power plants. It generates electricity at these plants and trades electricity on the Nord Pool Spot power exchange. The company supplies electricity to the local communities. Its products cater to the automotive, transport, building and construction, electronics, general engineering, packaging, printing and solar industries. The company has operations in various countries in Europe, North America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. It has primary metal production facilities in Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar. Hydro is headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Norsk Hydro ASA Key Recent Developments
May 23,2018: New board member in Hydro: Norsk Hydro ASA
May 16,2018: Vattenfall commences construction of one of Sweden's largest wind farms
May 16,2018: Hydro signs power contract for Norwegian aluminium portfolio
May 14,2018: Hydro hires John Thuestad as new head of bauxite and alumina
Apr 30,2018: Hydro invests in new testing equipment to improve joining capabilities
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Norsk Hydro ASA-Key Facts 5
Norsk Hydro ASA-Key Employees 6
Norsk Hydro ASA-Key Employee Biographies 7
Norsk Hydro ASA-Major Products and Services 8
Norsk Hydro ASA-History 10
Norsk Hydro ASA-Company Statement 17
Norsk Hydro ASA-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2-Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Norsk Hydro ASA-Business Description 22
Norsk Hydro ASA-SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis-Overview 23
Norsk Hydro ASA-Strengths 23
Norsk Hydro ASA-Weaknesses 24
Norsk Hydro ASA-Opportunities 25
Norsk Hydro ASA-Threats 26
Norsk Hydro ASA-Key Competitors 27
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 29
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 34
Norsk Hydro ASA, Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 36
May 23, 2018: New board member in Hydro: Norsk Hydro ASA 36
May 16, 2018: Hydro signs power contract for Norwegian aluminium portfolio 37
May 16, 2018: Vattenfall commences construction of one of Sweden's largest wind farms 38
Apr 30, 2018: Hydro invests in new testing equipment to improve joining capabilities 39
Apr 30, 2018: Hydro Invests In New Testing Equipment To Improve Joining Capabilities And Increase Usage Of Aluminium Offshore 40
Apr 25, 2018: Hydro's First quarter 2018 Results up on higher prices, higher raw material costs 41
Apr 25, 2018: Norsk Hydro Provides First quarter 2018 Financial Results 42
Apr 09, 2018: Norsk Hydro: Reviews confirm no indications of contamination from Alunorte on local communities after rainfall 43
Mar 19, 2018: Norsk Hydro to invest USD64.5m to upgrade water treatment in Barcarena, Brazil 45
Mar 13, 2018: Norsk Hydro: Preliminary findings from internal task force 46
Section 5-Appendix 47
Ratio Definitions 47
About GlobalData 51
Contact Us 51
List of Figures
Norsk Hydro ASA, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 32
Norsk Hydro ASA, Ratio Charts 34
List of Tables
Norsk Hydro ASA, Key Facts 5
Norsk Hydro ASA, Key Employees 6
Norsk Hydro ASA, Key Employee Biographies 7
Norsk Hydro ASA, Major Products and Services 8
Norsk Hydro ASA, History 10
Norsk Hydro ASA, Other Locations 19
Norsk Hydro ASA, Subsidiaries 19
Norsk Hydro ASA, Key Competitors 27
Norsk Hydro ASA, Ratios based on current share price 28
Norsk Hydro ASA, Annual Ratios 29
Norsk Hydro ASA, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 30
Norsk Hydro ASA, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 31
Norsk Hydro ASA, Interim Ratios 33
Norsk Hydro ASA, Recent Deals Summary 35
Currency Codes 47
Capital Market Ratios 47
Equity Ratios 48
Profitability Ratios 48
Cost Ratios 49
Liquidity Ratios 49
Leverage Ratios 50
Efficiency Ratios 50
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Vedanta Aluminium Ltd
Shandong Nanshan Aluminium Co Ltd
Nordic Mining ASA
Kaiser Aluminum Corporation
Century Aluminum Co
Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd
Norsk Hydro ASA, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports