Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Media in Turkey
Media in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Turkey media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Turkish media industry had total revenues of USD 5.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% between 2013 and 2017.
- The publishing segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 2.2bn, equivalent to 44% of the industry's overall value.
- Since the failed coup of 2016 in which 248 people were killed, political chaos has had a huge impact on the Turkish media. Following this attempted coup, the government closed down 55 newspapers, 18 magazines, and 29 publishers using policies under the state of emergency.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Turkey
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Turkey
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Turkey media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Turkey media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Turkey media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Turkey media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Turkey's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Aksoy Film Production 24
Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik A.S. 26
Turkish Radio and Television Corporation 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Figures
Figure 1: Turkey media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Turkey media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Turkey media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Turkey media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Turkey, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Turkey, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Turkey, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Turkey, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Turkey, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Turkey, 2017
Figure 11: Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik A.S.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik A.S.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Turkey media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Turkey media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Turkey media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Turkey media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Aksoy Film Production: key facts
Table 6: Digiturk: key facts
Table 7: Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik A.S.: key facts
Table 8: Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik A.S.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik A.S.: key financials (TL)
Table 10: Hurriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacilik A.S.: key financial ratios
Table 11: Turkish Radio and Television Corporation: key facts
Table 12: Turkey size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 13: Turkey gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: Turkey gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 15: Turkey inflation, 2013-17
Table 16: Turkey consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 17: Turkey exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports