Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Media in Spain
Media in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Spain media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Spanish media industry had total revenues of USD 12.1bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 6.0bn, equivalent to 49.8% of the industry's overall value.
- Declines in this industry have largely been driven by declines in the publishing segment. In the newspapers segment, daily copy sales have been contracting sharply. According to the Spanish Audit Bureau of Circulation, no single newspaper sold more than 200,000 daily copies in 2016 or 2017.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Spain
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Spain
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Spain media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Spain media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Spain media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Spain media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Spain's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Grupo Planeta 24
Havas Media Group 25
Lazona Films 26
PRISA TV 27
Macroeconomic Indicators 28
Country data 28
Industry associations 31
Related MarketLine research 31
About MarketLine 32
List of Figures
Figure 1: Spain media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Spain media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Spain media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Spain media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Spain, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Spain, 2017
List of Tables
Table 1: Spain media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Spain media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Spain media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Spain media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Grupo Planeta: key facts
Table 6: Havas Media Group: key facts
Table 7: Lazona Films: key facts
Table 8: PRISA TV: key facts
Table 9: Spain size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 10: Spain gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 11: Spain gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 12: Spain inflation, 2013-17
Table 13: Spain consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 14: Spain exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports