Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Media in Mexico
Media in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Mexico media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Mexican media industry had total revenues of USD 6.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 3.6bn, equivalent to 53.4% of the industry's overall value.
- 2015 was an exceptionally bad year for the Mexican broadcasting market as major players in the Mexican TV industry, such as Grupo Televisa, declared double digit declines in ad revenue.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Mexico
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Mexico
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Mexico media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Mexico media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Mexico media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Mexico media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Mexico's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Grupo Planeta 24
Havas Media Group 25
Grupo Televisa S.A.B. 26
TV Azteca, S.A.B. de C.V. 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Mexico media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Mexico media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Mexico media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Mexico media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Mexico, 2017
Figure 11: Grupo Televisa S.A.B.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Grupo Televisa S.A.B.: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: TV Azteca, S.A.B. de C.V.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: TV Azteca, S.A.B. de C.V.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Mexico media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Mexico media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Mexico media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Mexico media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Grupo Planeta: key facts
Table 6: Havas Media Group: key facts
Table 7: Grupo Televisa S.A.B.: key facts
Table 8: Grupo Televisa S.A.B.: key financials (USD )
Table 9: Grupo Televisa S.A.B.: key financials (MXN)
Table 10: Grupo Televisa S.A.B.: key financial ratios
Table 11: TV Azteca, S.A.B. de C.V.: key facts
Table 12: TV Azteca, S.A.B. de C.V.: key financials (USD )
Table 13: TV Azteca, S.A.B. de C.V.: key financials (MXN)
Table 14: TV Azteca, S.A.B. de C.V.: key financial ratios
Table 15: Mexico size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: Mexico gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Mexico gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: Mexico inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: Mexico consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: Mexico exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports