Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Media in Japan
Media in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Japanese media industry had total revenues of USD 75.5bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 37.3bn, equivalent to 49.4% of the industry's overall value.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment accounts for almost half of the industry value in Japan. Japan has the second largest broadcasting & cable TV market in the Asia-Pacific region, making up 27.4% of its revenues.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Japan media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Japan media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Asahi Broadcasting Corporation 24
Dentsu, Inc. 27
Nikkei Inc 30
Sony Corporation 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 35
Country data 35
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Figures
Figure 1: Japan media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Japan media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Japan media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Japan media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Japan, 2017
Figure 11: Asahi Broadcasting Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Asahi Broadcasting Corporation: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Dentsu, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Dentsu, Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Sony Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Sony Corporation: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Japan media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Japan media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Japan media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Japan media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Asahi Broadcasting Corporation: key facts
Table 6: Asahi Broadcasting Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Asahi Broadcasting Corporation: key financials (JPY)
Table 8: Asahi Broadcasting Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 9: Dentsu, Inc.: key facts
Table 10: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: Dentsu, Inc.: key financials (JPY)
Table 12: Dentsu, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Nikkei Inc: key facts
Table 14: Sony Corporation: key facts
Table 15: Sony Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 16: Sony Corporation: key financials (JPY)
Table 17: Sony Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 18: Japan size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Japan gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Japan inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Japan exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports