Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Media in India
Media in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the India media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The Indian media industry had total revenues of USD 21.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 10.4bn, equivalent to 49.8% of the industry's overall value.
- Growth in this industry is being helped by the exceptional growth of pay TV. Because India doesn't have a public broadcaster as such, money is funneled into the other segments, making the combination of advertising on subscription services the most potent growth area.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in India
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in India
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the India media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the India media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the India media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the India media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up India's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Eros International Media Limited 25
Omnicom Group, Inc. 28
Roli Books 31
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: India media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: India media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: India media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: India media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in India, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in India, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in India, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in India, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in India, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in India, 2017
Figure 11: Eros International Media Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Eros International Media Limited: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Omnicom Group, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Omnicom Group, Inc.: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: India media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: India media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: India media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: India media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Doordarshan: key facts
Table 6: Eros International Media Limited: key facts
Table 7: Eros International Media Limited: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Eros International Media Limited: key financials (Rs.)
Table 9: Eros International Media Limited: key financial ratios
Table 10: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key financials (USD )
Table 12: Omnicom Group, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Roli Books: key facts
Table 14: India size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: India gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 16: India gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: India inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: India consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: India exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports