Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Media in Germany
Media in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The German media industry had total revenues of USD 43.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- The publishing segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 20.6bn, equivalent to 47.5% of the industry's overall value.
- Declines in this industry are largely being driven by declines in the publishing segment. Newspaper and magazine publishers have been struggling with both falling circulation rates and tumbling advertising revenues.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Germany media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Germany media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Axel Springer SE 24
RTL Group S.A. 28
Sony Corporation 32
ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen) 36
Macroeconomic Indicators 37
Country data 37
Industry associations 40
Related MarketLine research 40
About MarketLine 41
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Germany media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Germany media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Germany media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in Germany, 2017
Figure 11: Axel Springer SE: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Axel Springer SE: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: RTL Group S.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: RTL Group S.A.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Sony Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Sony Corporation: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Germany media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Germany media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Germany media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Axel Springer SE: key facts
Table 6: Axel Springer SE: key financials (USD )
Table 7: Axel Springer SE: key financials (EUR)
Table 8: Axel Springer SE: key financial ratios
Table 9: RTL Group S.A.: key facts
Table 10: RTL Group S.A.: key financials (USD )
Table 11: RTL Group S.A.: key financials (EUR)
Table 12: RTL Group S.A.: key financial ratios
Table 13: Sony Corporation: key facts
Table 14: Sony Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 15: Sony Corporation: key financials (JPY)
Table 16: Sony Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 17: ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen): key facts
Table 18: Germany size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 19: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 20: Germany gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 21: Germany inflation, 2013-17
Table 22: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 23: Germany exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports