Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Media in France
Media in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the France media market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The French media industry had total revenues of USD 28.2bn in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The broadcasting & cable TV segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 12.1bn, equivalent to 43% of the industry's overall value.
- Declines in this industry are partially being driven by the contraction seen in newspaper and magazine publishing. Newspapers are being impacted by the fall of advertising spend, both in print and digital form.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the France media market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the France media market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up France's media market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 15
Supplier power 17
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
France Television Group 24
Lagardere SCA 25
Pathe SA 29
Publicis Groupe SA 30
Macroeconomic Indicators 34
Country data 34
Industry associations 37
Related MarketLine research 37
About MarketLine 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: France media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: France media industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: France media industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: France media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the media industry in France, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the media industry in France, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the media industry in France, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the media industry in France, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the media industry in France, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the media industry in France, 2017
Figure 11: Lagardere SCA: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Lagardere SCA: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Publicis Groupe SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Publicis Groupe SA: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: France media industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: France media industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: France media industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: France media industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: France Television Group: key facts
Table 6: Lagardere SCA: key facts
Table 7: Lagardere SCA: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Lagardere SCA: key financials (EUR)
Table 9: Lagardere SCA: key financial ratios
Table 10: Pathe SA: key facts
Table 11: Publicis Groupe SA: key facts
Table 12: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (USD )
Table 13: Publicis Groupe SA: key financials (EUR)
Table 14: Publicis Groupe SA: key financial ratios
Table 15: France size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 16: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 17: France gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: France inflation, 2013-17
Table 19: France consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 20: France exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports