Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
The E. W. Scripps Company (SSP)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The E. W. Scripps Company (Scripps) is a media enterprise. It provides content and advertising services. The company produces news, information and entertainment content. Scripps distributes content on broadcast, Internet, smartphones and tablets platforms. It also sells advertising to local, national and political advertisers; retransmits content to cable operators, telecommunications companies and satellite carriers; and also broadcast internally produced local and national programs, syndicated programs, sporting events and other programs. Scripps is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the US.
The E. W. Scripps Company Key Recent Developments
Aug 14,2018: Scripps hires new vice president of strategy, corporate development in national media
Aug 07,2018: Temple named president of Rocky Mountain news
Aug 07,2018: Lansing named senior vice president of Scripps broadcast television group
Aug 07,2018: Scripps networks names Ken Solomon president of Fine Living
Aug 03,2018: Scripps reports second-quarter 2018 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
The E. W. Scripps Company-Key Facts 6
The E. W. Scripps Company-Key Employees 7
The E. W. Scripps Company-Key Employee Biographies 8
The E. W. Scripps Company-Major Products and Services 9
The E. W. Scripps Company-History 10
The E. W. Scripps Company-Company Statement 13
The E. W. Scripps Company-Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2-Company Analysis 16
Company Overview 16
The E. W. Scripps Company-Business Description 17
Business Segment: Local Media 17
Capital Expenditure 17
Business Segment: National Media 17
Capital Expenditure 17
The E. W. Scripps Company-SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis-Overview 19
The E. W. Scripps Company-Strengths 19
The E. W. Scripps Company-Weaknesses 20
The E. W. Scripps Company-Opportunities 21
The E. W. Scripps Company-Threats 22
The E. W. Scripps Company-Key Competitors 23
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 30
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 31
Aug 14, 2018: Scripps hires new vice president of strategy, corporate development in national media 31
Aug 07, 2018: Temple named president of Rocky Mountain news 32
Aug 07, 2018: Lansing named senior vice president of Scripps broadcast television group 33
Aug 07, 2018: Scripps networks names Ken Solomon president of Fine Living 34
Aug 03, 2018: Scripps reports second-quarter 2018 results 35
Jul 17, 2018: Scripps promotes Missy Evenson to vice president of sales for Local Media 38
Jun 20, 2018: Three Scripps television stations win national Murrow journalism awards 39
Jun 20, 2018: Three Scripps television stations win national Murrow journalism awards 40
May 07, 2018: Scripps Reports First Quarter 2018 Results 41
Apr 23, 2018: Scripps appoints Danyelle S.T. Wright to the new role of chief diversity officer 43
Section 5-Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List of Figures
The E. W. Scripps Company, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 28
The E. W. Scripps Company, Ratio Charts 30
List of Tables
The E. W. Scripps Company, Key Facts 6
The E. W. Scripps Company, Key Employees 7
The E. W. Scripps Company, Key Employee Biographies 8
The E. W. Scripps Company, Major Products and Services 9
The E. W. Scripps Company, History 10
The E. W. Scripps Company, Subsidiaries 15
The E. W. Scripps Company, Key Competitors 23
The E. W. Scripps Company, Ratios based on current share price 24
The E. W. Scripps Company, Annual Ratios 25
The E. W. Scripps Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 26
The E. W. Scripps Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 27
The E. W. Scripps Company, Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Gray Television, Inc.
Saga Communications, Inc.
Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc
Tribune Media Co
The E. W. Scripps Company, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports