Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Construction: Top Five Trends for 2019 and Beyond
The construction industry is experiencing change. Prefabrication, new technology, robotics, green buildings and consolidation are trends leading companies must stay ahead of in the near future to be prosperous.
Having been accused of being reticent to change, construction is now ripe for development. Leading companies will increasingly use technology to improve the efficiency of operations, enabling them to create more with the same resources.
Construction firms will also have to adapt to changing government policies which are geared towards sustainability. Trends are changing the shape of the industry and companies must adapt to keep up.
- The advantages of modular construction have been known about for a long time. Now the business case for widespread use of the building method is nearing the point at which prefabricated buildings have a bright future.
- Printing concrete on building sites is not a new idea, but it is one that is now moving towards becoming a commercial reality, potentially transforming modern day construction sites.
- Margins for construction firms are experiencing financial trouble because of price escalation for essential materials, exerting pressure on construction companies to find better means of controlling costs and making savings where possible
- Examines changes in modular construction
- Assesses the future of 3D printing
- Looks at the impact of rising costs
- Looks at the future of Building Information Modelling
- Assesses environmental challenges in the industry
Reasons to buy
- Will modular housing be a commercial success?
- Can 3D printing be a viable construction technique?
- What is the impact of rising costs?
- What will the effect of BIM be on construction?
- How will the industry react to environmental challenges?
Table of Contents
Modular construction is benefiting from need for cost-effective buildings 6
Business case for expanding use of modular construction is driving interest 6
Japan shows how to make prefabricated housing work-leading players must take note 7
On-site factory construction could be next step in modular building efficiency 8
3D printing is entering new development stage, changing construction forever 9
3D printing concrete represents glimpse into rapidly approaching future of construction 9
Capacity to print windows signals movement of manufacturing on-site 10
NASA competition will help push forward innovation in 3D printing 10
Developments in 3D printing enable limits on scale to be lifted, opening opportunities in architecture 11
Rising cost of construction is squeezing margins across industry 12
Squeezed margins are increasingly becoming a feature of construction companies 12
Tariffs will make construction more expensive, potentially creating a long-term trend for price hikes 13
Short-term material shortages are compounded by continuing skills gap 14
Building Information Modelling is changing how buildings are planned 16
Government regulations make BIM essential practice for construction companies 16
Importance of BIM is growing across construction industry, but some areas are slow in adopting 17
Despite possessing a fast growing construction industry, India is failing to adopt BIM 17
Construction is adapting to environmental challenges 19
New material technology is drawing closer to commercial relevancy 19
Next generation materials will transform concrete production by introducing cutting-edge technology 20
Affordable green homes for large populations are becoming a reality, creating demand for old-fashioned materials 21
Construction industry is entering a challenging period of significant change 22
Further Reading 23
Ask the analyst 24
About MarketLine 24
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports