Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Construction in Canada
Construction in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada construction market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The construction industry is defined as the value of work put in place annually in the residential and non-residential segments. Civil engineering work is excluded. Where possible data has not been seasonally adjusted.
- The Canadian construction industry had total revenues of USD 73.4bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The residential construction segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 46.0bn, equivalent to 62.7% of the industry's overall value.
- The industry is expected to slow due to rising interest rates and more stringent mortgage rules that will dampen demand for new housing construction.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the construction market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the construction market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key construction market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada construction market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Canada construction market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Canada construction market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada construction market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's construction market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 16
New entrants 18
Threat of substitutes 20
Degree of rivalry 21
Leading Companies 23
Bechtel Corporation 23
Fluor Corporation 25
Mattamy Homes 28
PCL Constructors Inc 29
Macroeconomic Indicators 30
Country data 30
Industry associations 33
Related MarketLine research 33
About MarketLine 34
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada construction industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: Canada construction industry category segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 3: Canada construction industry geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 4: Canada construction industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 5: Bechtel Corporation: key facts
Table 6: Fluor Corporation: key facts
Table 7: Fluor Corporation: key financials (USD )
Table 8: Fluor Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 9: Mattamy Homes: key facts
Table 10: PCL Constructors Inc: key facts
Table 11: Canada size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 12: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 13: Canada gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 14: Canada inflation, 2013-17
Table 15: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 16: Canada exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada construction industry value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: Canada construction industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Canada construction industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Canada construction industry value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the construction industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the construction industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the construction industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the construction industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the construction industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the construction industry in Canada, 2017
Figure 11: Fluor Corporation: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Fluor Corporation: assets & liabilities
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
PCL Constructors Inc
Construction and Real Estate, MarketLine, Canada
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports