Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Biotechnology in Italy
Biotechnology in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy biotechnology market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
- The Italian biotechnology industry had total revenues of USD 9.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% between 2013 and 2017.
- The medical/healthcare segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 4.0bn, equivalent to 41.7% of the industry's overall value.
- In Italy, there is very little in the way of large biotechnology companies. The industry is dominated by micro and small firms which make up 75% of all companies.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Italy biotechnology market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Italy biotechnology market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's biotechnology market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market Segmentation 10
Category segmentation 10
Geography segmentation 11
Market Outlook 12
Market value forecast 12
Five Forces Analysis 13
Buyer power 14
Supplier power 15
New entrants 16
Threat of substitutes 18
Degree of rivalry 19
Leading Companies 20
Gentium S.p.A. 20
Menarini Group 21
Zambon Company SpA 22
Macroeconomic Indicators 23
Country data 23
Industry associations 26
Related MarketLine research 26
About MarketLine 27
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Figure 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2017
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the biotechnology industry in Italy, 2017
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy biotechnology industry value: USD billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Italy biotechnology industry category segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 3: Italy biotechnology industry geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017
Table 4: Italy biotechnology industry value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22
Table 5: Gentium S.p.A.: key facts
Table 6: Menarini Group: key facts
Table 7: Zambon Company SpA: key facts
Table 8: Italy size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 9: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 10: Italy gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 11: Italy inflation, 2013-17
Table 12: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 13: Italy exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports