Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Smiths Group Plc (SMIN)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Smiths Group Plc (Smiths Group) is a diversified technology company. It offers critical solutions for energy and process industries, medical devices and consumables, devices for detection and identification of security threats and contraband, solutions for high speed connectivity and components to heat and move fluids and gases. The company also offers after-sales services to its customers. Smiths Group's customer base includes various governmental agencies, hospitals, petrochemical companies, contractors, equipment manufacturers, service providers, aerospace engine and airframe manufacturers, domestic appliance manufacturers, and the US construction industry. The company has manufacturing and service facilities in Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Smiths Group is headquartered in London, England, the UK.
Smiths Group Plc Key Recent Developments
Feb 26,2018: Smiths Detection management change and establishment of an Executive Management Board for Asia
Jan 30,2018: Smiths Detection-Management Change
Nov 21,2017: Growing in China with new Smiths Interconnect plan
Nov 21,2017: Smiths Group: Growing in China with new Smiths Interconnect plant
Oct 17,2017: Smiths Group: Appointment of Chief Financial Officer Designate
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Smiths Group Plc-Key Facts 6
Smiths Group Plc-Key Employees 7
Smiths Group Plc-Key Employee Biographies 8
Smiths Group Plc-Major Products and Services 9
Smiths Group Plc-History 15
Smiths Group Plc-Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2 - Company Analysis 21
Company Overview 21
Smiths Group Plc-Business Description 22
Business Segment: Flex-Tek 22
Business Segment: John Crane 22
Business Segment: Smiths Detection 23
Business Segment: Smiths Interconnect 23
Business Segment: Smiths Medical 23
Geographical Segment: Canada 24
Geographical Segment: China (excluding Hong Kong) 24
Geographical Segment: France 24
Geographical Segment: Germany 24
Geographical Segment: Japan 24
Geographical Segment: Other European 24
Geographical Segment: Other North American 24
Geographical Segment: Rest of the World 24
Geographical Segment: United Kingdom 25
Geographical Segment: United States of America 25
R&D Overview 25
Smiths Group Plc-Corporate Strategy 26
Smiths Group Plc-SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis-Overview 27
Smiths Group Plc-Strengths 27
Smiths Group Plc-Weaknesses 28
Smiths Group Plc-Opportunities 29
Smiths Group Plc-Threats 30
Smiths Group Plc-Key Competitors 31
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 33
Performance Chart 36
Financial Performance 36
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 37
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 38
Smiths Group Plc, Recent Deals Summary 39
Section 4 - Company's Recent Developments 40
Feb 26, 2018: Smiths Detection management change and establishment of an Executive Management Board for Asia 40
Jan 30, 2018: Smiths Detection-Management Change 41
Nov 21, 2017: Growing in China with new Smiths Interconnect plan 42
Nov 21, 2017: Smiths Group: Growing in China with new Smiths Interconnect plant 43
Nov 21, 2017: Smiths Group: Growing in China with new Smiths Interconnect plant 44
Oct 17, 2017: Smiths Group: Appointment of Chief Financial Officer Designate 45
Sep 22, 2017: Smiths Group announces results for the year ended 31 July 2017 46
May 23, 2017: Smiths Group Announces Arrangements In Respect Of Chris O'Shea's Termination 47
May 19, 2017: Smiths Group Directorate Changes 48
Mar 24, 2017: Smiths Group Announces Interim results for the six months ended 31 January 2017 49
Section 5 - Appendix 50
Ratio Definitions 50
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54
List of Figures
Smiths Group Plc, Performance Chart (2014-2018) 36
Smiths Group Plc, Ratio Charts 38
List of Tables
Smiths Group Plc, Key Facts 6
Smiths Group Plc, Key Employees 7
Smiths Group Plc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Smiths Group Plc, Major Products and Services 9
Smiths Group Plc, History 15
Smiths Group Plc, Subsidiaries 19
Smiths Group Plc, Key Competitors 31
Smiths Group Plc, Ratios based on current share price 32
Smiths Group Plc, Annual Ratios 33
Smiths Group Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 34
Smiths Group Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 35
Smiths Group Plc, Interim Ratios 37
Smiths Group Plc, Recent Deals Summary 39
Currency Codes 50
Capital Market Ratios 50
Equity Ratios 51
Profitability Ratios 51
Cost Ratios 52
Liquidity Ratios 52
Leverage Ratios 53
Efficiency Ratios 53
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Waukesha Bearings Corp Teleflex Inc Rexnord Corp Renishaw Plc Rapiscan Systems Parker Hannifin Corp Omega Flex, Inc. Nuctech Company Limited Kingsbury, Inc. Hospira Inc Everett Charles Technologies, Inc. Emerson Network Power CareFusion Corp Bruker Corp B. Braun Melsungen AG Anaren, Inc. Amphenol Corporation American Science & Engineering, Inc.
Waukesha Bearings Corp
Parker Hannifin Corp
Omega Flex, Inc.
Nuctech Company Limited
Everett Charles Technologies, Inc.
Emerson Network Power
B. Braun Melsungen AG
American Science & Engineering, Inc.
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports