Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the Healthcare Industry: Implications for Healthcare-H1 2018
The EU voted to implement updated data protection laws in the form of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in April 2016. GDPR came into force on May 25, 2018, providing EU citizens with greater rights and control regarding the processing and distribution of their personal data. This has impacted businesses globally as they adapt their practices in order to comply with this new legislation.
This report provides an assessment of how the healthcare industry expects GDPR to affect the healthcare sector, both within and outside of EU. This study will be repeated in six months, to gauge the changing sentiment towards GDPR from within the healthcare industry.
This report provides in-house analyst expertise on the results of a 10 minute survey of 494 GlobalData clients and prospects which was fielded from May 24, 2018 to May 29, 2018. Of these participants, 100 were from healthcare or related industries; only the responses from these participants were analyzed for this report. Comparisons to other industries were included where relevant. Components of the slide deck include-
- Impacts of GDPR Compliance: key factors of GDPR compliance to impact the healthcare industry providing respondent mix by region, company size and department
- Financial Impact of GDPR: level of financial impact of GDPR in the helathcar edector providing respondent mix by region and company size
- Challenges with GDPR Compliance: key challenges to meet GDPR compliance within the healthcare industry providing respondent mix by region and company size
- Opportunities for External Assistance: key areas of opportunity for external assistance providing respondent mix by region and company size.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of the key factors of GDPR to impact the healthcare industry.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the key factors of GDPR to impact the healthcare sector.
- Stay up to date on the industry's changing sentiment towards GDPR from within the healthcare industry with biannual surveys.
- Identify emerging industry trends in GDPR compliance to gain a competitive advantage.
1 Table of Contents
1 Study Design
1.1 Background, Objectives, and Design
1.2 Respondent Mix-Geography
1.3 Respondent Mix-Company Size
1.4 Respondent Mix-Respondent Business Area
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
3 Overview of UK Pharma Industry
3.1 Overview of GDPR-Key Principles and Rights of Individuals
3.2 Overview of GDPR-GDPR Definitions
3.3 EU Data Protection Law Timeline
4 Informed about GDPR
4.1 Healthcare Industry's Opinion on GDPR
4.2 Informed about GDPR-Regional Differences
4.3 Informed about GDPR-Company Size and Business Area
5 Preparation for GDPR Requirements
5.1 Preparation for GDPR-Reaching the Deadline
5.2 Preparation for GDPR-Cumulative Progress towards GDPR Compliance by Region
5.3 GDPR Requirements with Greatest Impact-All Respondents
5.4 GDPR Requirements with Greatest Impact-A Closer Look at Major Requirements
6 Impact of GDPR Compliance
6.1 Key Factors to Implementing GDPR Compliance-All Respondents
6.2 Implementing GDPR Compliance-A Closer Look at the Major Actions
6.3 Departments Most Affected by GDPR-All Respondents
6.4 Departments Most Affected by GDPR-A Closer Look at Marketing and IT
6.5 Departments Most Affected by GDPR-A Closer Look at R&D
6.6 Departments Most Affected by GDPR-A Closer Look at Healthcare R&D
6.7 The Biggest Challenges Brought by GDPR-All Respondents
7 Financial Impacts of GDPR
7.1 Financial Impact of GDPR Compliance-Large Companies Dominate Big Spending
7.2 Economic Impacts of GDPR
8 External Assistance with GDPR
8.1 External Assistance with GDPR-Partnership to Assist with GDPR
9 Summary of Key Findings
10.1 Related Reports
10.4 About the Authors
10.5 About Thematic Research
10.6 About Thematic Reports
10.7 About GlobalData
10.8 Contact Us
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports