Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Tobacco Insights: April 2018
"Tobacco Insights: April 2018", provides news and analysis related to events in the Tobacco sector throughout the month of March. Highlights include new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, the latest news on the global debate on e-cigarettes and regional and national tobacco news from the month of March from around the globe.
The World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTH) held its 17th conference in South Africa on March 7-9, 2018 and has called upon governments to develop plans by 2021 for phasing out the sale of tobacco products. Furthermore, it is urging governments, scientists, research entities, foundations, and civil-society organizations to reject or cease engagement with the Philip Morris International-funded Foundation for a Smoke-free World and other similar initiatives of the tobacco industry. The WCTH claims the global economic cost of smoking amounted to nearly USD 2 trillion and 2% of the world's GDP in 2016.
- Bloomberg Philanthropies will provide USD 20 million to fund the launch of Stopping Tobacco Organizations and Products (STOP), where a new global watchdog will, according to Bloomberg, aggressively monitor what it describes as deceptive tobacco industry tactics and practices to undermine public health.
- STOP will deliver regular reports detailing tactics and strategies, and will provide tools and training materials for countries to combat the tobacco industry's influence.
- Findings will be publicly available and aligned with Article 5.3 of the World Health Organization's Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. Bloomberg Philanthropies are also pushing for the extended use of alternative products, such as heat-not-burn and e-cigarettes, as cessation devices, although they state that the evidence continues to remain inconclusive.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. A Global Perspective
1.1. Cigarette Consumption and Production
1.1.1. Cigarette consumption trends, 2006-2016
1.1.2. Cigarette production trends, 2004-2016
1.1.3. Regional cigarette consumption, 2014
1.1.4. Regional cigarette production, 2014
1.1.5. Per capita consumption of cigarettes by country, 2006-2016
2. Global News
2.1. World News
2.3.6. New Zealand
2.3.9. South Korea
2.3.10. Sri Lanka
2.4.1. The EU
2.4.11. The UK
2.5. Middle East
2.6. North America
2.6.2. The US
2.7. South and Central America
2.7.2. Costa Rica
3. Analysis of Recent Product Development
3.1. Toscanello-Toscana Cigars-Coffee
3.2. Flavours-Unlimited E-Juice-Raspberry Shisha
3.3. Sampoerna A-Cigarettes-Platinum
3.4. Huanghelou-Xizhi Xiangyan Xianliangban Lihe-Shenghuo
3.5. Marlboro Ice-Cigarettes-Menthol
3.6. Pastry Vapors-Premium E-Juice-Ube Leche Flan
3.7. Huanghelou-Xizhi Xiangyan-Tianxia Shengjing
4. Company News
4.1. Altria Group Inc.
4.2. British American Tobacco
4.3. Burmese Tobacco Trading Co.
4.4. Imperial Brands
4.5. Japan Tobacco Inc.
4.6. Japan Tobacco International
4.7. Philip Morris International
4.9. Swedish Match
4.11. Thailand Tobacco Monopoly
5. What the tobacco industry can do to tackle the prolonged issue of counterfeit cigarettes
5.1. Illicit cigarettes resulting in shrinking market value
5.2. Companies believe high tobacco taxes are to blame for the growth of illicit cigarettes
5.3. How to tackle counterfeit cigarette trade
5.3.1. Utilizing technology to combat illegal trade in tobacco
5.3.2. Innovating in packaging to provide evidence and protection of genuineness
5.3.3. Educating consumers about the harm of consuming illicit cigarettes
6.1. About GlobalData
List of Figures
Figure 1: Imports as % of Production, 2014
Figure 2: Exports as % of Production, 2014
Figure 3: Toscanello-Toscana Cigars-Coffee
Figure 4: Flavours-Unlimited E-Juice-Raspberry Shisha
Figure 5: Sampoerna A-Cigarettes-Platinum
Figure 6: Huanghelou-Xizhi Xiangyan Xianliangban Lihe-Shenghuo
Figure 7: Marlboro Ice-Cigarettes-Menthol
Figure 8: Pastry Vapors-Premium E-Juice-Ube Leche Flan
Figure 9: Huanghelou-Xizhi Xiangyan-Tianxia Shengjing
Figure 10: Global: When shopping for cigarettes, which of the following aspects do you prioritize?
Figure 11: Yanan (1935) Cigarettes, China
Figure 12: Global: "I prioritize on health impact when shopping for cigarettes."
List of Tables
Table 1: Global Cigarette Consumption (million pieces), 2006-2016
Table 2: Global Cigarette Production (million pieces), 2004-2016
Table 3: Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2014
Table 4: Regional Cigarette Production, 2014
Table 5: Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, Pieces, 2006-2016
Table 6: Japan: Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, Billion Pieces, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Table 7: France: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2014-2017
Table 8: Spain January Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2014-2017
Table 9: Spain: Monthly Brand Shares, February 2017 & February 2018, % Volume
Table 10: UK: Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Table 11: Canada: Monthly Cigarette Production and Sales, 2016-2018
Table 12: The US: Monthly Cigarettes Consumption & Production Trends, 2015-2017, Million Pieces
Table 13: The US: Monthly Small Cigars Consumption & Production Trends, 2015-2017, Million Pieces
Table 14: The US: Monthly Large Cigars & Cigarillos Consumption & Production Trends, 2015-2017, Million Pieces
Table 15: The US: Monthly Snuff Consumption & Production Trends, 2015-2017, Thousand Pounds
Table 16: The US: Monthly Chewing Tobacco Consumption & Production Trends, 2015-2017, Thousand Pounds
Table 17: The US: Monthly Pipe Tobacco Consumption & Production Trends, 2015-2017, Thousand Pounds
Table 18: The US: Monthly Roll-Your-Own Tobacco Consumption & Production Trends, 2015-2017, Thousand Pounds
Table 19: Tobacco Brand prices, Argentina Pesos, March 2018
Table 20: Toscanello-Toscana Cigars-Coffee
Table 21: Flavours-Unlimited E-Juice-Raspberry Shisha
Table 22: Sampoerna A-Cigarettes-Platinum
Table 23: Huanghelou-Xizhi Xiangyan Xianliangban Lihe-Shenghuo
Table 24: Marlboro Ice-Cigarettes-Menthol
Table 25: Pastry Vapors-Premium E-Juice-Ube Leche Flan
Table 26: Huanghelou-Xizhi Xiangyan-Tianxia Shengjing
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Burmese Tobacco Trading Co
Thailand Tobacco Monopoly
Tobacco, Tobacco Insights
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports