Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Smoking Tobacco in Hungary, 2018
"Smoking Tobacco in Hungary, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hungarian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2024.
The Hungarian market for tobacco products is in long-term decline, with latest data placing 2016 volumes at 11,916 tons. Domestic production is carried out by two companies: Rona Tobacco Manufacturing Ltd, a subsidiary of Heintz Van Landewyck, and Continental Tobacco. Imported smoking tobacco brands are increasing their presence, especially since Imperial and PMI ceased local production in 2004.
- Manufactured cigarettes accounted for 99.8% of total tobacco product volumes in 1990, but have suffered a major decline since, to account for only 53.7% of total volumes in 2016.
- Since 2007, the profile of pipe tobacco as a FCT substitute has declined markedly, replaced by MYO and RYO tobacco.
- Exports, and re-exports, are growing and Germany is by far the most important export destination.
- Local brands continue to dominate the medium to lower priced segment with international brands becoming more significant in the medium to higher priced segments.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2006 & 2016
Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2006-2016
Market size and structure
Smoking Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2005-2016
Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2005-2016
Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2004-2016
Breakdown by RYO, MYO & Pipe Tobacco, %, 2010-2015
Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured v FCT, 2004-2016
Production and trade
Imports, Tons, 2007-2016
Imports by Country of Origin, %, 2016
Imports of Smoking Tobacco, Tons, 2007-2016
Imports of Smoking Tobacco, EUR '000, 2007-2016
Exports, Tons, 2003-2005 & 2010-2016
Exports by Destination, %, 2016
Taxation and retail prices
Fine Cut Tobacco: Duty/Excise Rates, 2006-2016
Other Smoking Tobacco: Duty/Excise Rates, 2006-2016
EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2016
Retail Price List, Ft per pack, 2010-2016
Manufacturers and brands
Smoking Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2011-2015
Smoking Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares, Value, %, 2008-2013
Smoking Tobacco: Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2009-2015
The smoking population
Adult Smoking Prevalence, Total and by Gender, %, 2004-2014
Smoking Prevalence Among Men, by Age, %
Smoking Prevalence Among Women, by Age, %
Heath warnings and labeling requirements
Prospects and forecasts
Fine cut tobacco consumption, pieces million, 2014-2024
Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2014-2024
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Rona Tobacco Manufacturing
Hungary, MYO, smoking tobacco, RYO, production, imports, exports, companies, forecast
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports