Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Smoking Tobacco in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2018
"Smoking Tobacco in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in these countries. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
The combined smoking tobacco market in Belgium and Luxembourg amounted to 13,650 tons in 2015, which equates to an annual per capita consumption rate of 1,214g, high by international comparisons, although inflated by cross border purchasing activity. Fine cut tobacco accounts for 99.7% of sales across UEBL, with pipe tobacco just a minor niche.
- In Belgium and Luxembourg, the inland market is quite different from frontier areas, where the impact of cross-border purchasing is strong.
- Belgium's ad valorem and VAT incidence had been stable until recently when rates have begun increasing. A specific excise duty was introduced in 2006 and was up at EUR32.3 per kg in 2017.
- The smoking tobacco market is led by JTI, followed by Imperial Tobacco, PMI, and BAT.
- In terms of inland sales, however, the market supports a mix of national and international brands. Turner, Elixyr, and Ducal are notable in Luxembourg while Ajja and Steeple in Belgium.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Tobacco Products Market, Tons, %, 2007 & 2017
Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2007-2017
Market size and structure
Smoking tobacco consumption, tons, 2007-2017
Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2007-2017
Smoking tobacco: market segmentation for Belgium and Luxembourg, 2007-2017
Cigarette consumption: manufactured v FCT, 2007-2017
FCT: inland consumption, 2007-2017
Belgium: FCT sales by type, 2009-2016
Production and trade
Imports, tons, 2006-2016
Belgium, imports by top countries of origin, volume %, 2016; value %, 2016
Luxembourg, imports by top countries of origin, volume %, 2015; value %, 2015
Belgium, imports of smoking tobacco in packs ?500g, tons, 2008-2015; EUR 000, 2008-2015
Luxembourg, imports of smoking tobacco in packs ?500g, tons, 2008-2015; EUR 000, 2008-2015
Exports, tons, 2006-2016
Belgium, exports by top countries of destination, volume %, 2016; value %, 2016
Luxembourg, exports by top countries of destination, volume %, 2015; value %, 2015
Belgium, exports of smoking tobacco in packs ?500g, tons, 2008-2015; EUR 000, 2008-2015
Taxation and retail prices
Fine cut tobacco: tax structure & development,
Belgium 2006-2017, as % of retail price
Fine cut tobacco: tax structure & development,
Luxembourg 2006-2017, as % of retail price
EU: fine cut tobacco tax incidence comparison, 2017
Smoking tobacco in packs retail prices, Belgium, 2017
Manufacturers and brands
Belgium & Luxembourg FCT manufacturer shares by
country, 2016; volume, %, 2011-2016
Belgium FCT : manufacturer shares, volume, %, 2011-2016
Luxembourg FCT : manufacturer shares, volume, %, 2011-2016
Belgium: FCT manufacturer shares, inland sales, 2008-2010
Belgium & Luxembourg (inc. cross border): FCT brand family shares, %, 2015; top 10 leading FCT brands, 2017
Belgium & Luxembourg (inland only): FCT brand family shares, %, 2016
The smoking population
Belgium: adult smoking prevalence, by gender, %, 2006-2016
Belgium: smoking population, daily by age, 2005, 2008 & 2011
Belgium: smoking population usership by age group, 2014
Tobacco use by product and age groups, %, 2014
Tobacco use by product and gender, %, 2014
Luxembourg: current smokers by sex and age group, %, 2015
Heath warnings and labelling requirements
Belgium: outlets used for purchasing cigarettes and RYO/MYO, 2015
Luxembourg: tobacco distribution by outlet type, 2010
Prospects and forecasts
UEBL fine cut tobacco consumption, tons, 2015-2025
UEBL per capita consumption, grams per year, 2015-2025
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Heintz van Landewyck
Hungary, MYO, smoking tobacco, RYO, production, imports, exports, companies, forecast
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports