Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Zimbabwe, 2018
"Cigarettes in Zimbabwe, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Zimbabwe.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 0.97 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 22.9% of adult male and 0.5% female smokers in 2017, or 11.7% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 95 pieces in 2017, compared with 231 pieces in 2000 and 222 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 1.4 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Zimbabwe consumers consumed an average of 95 cigarettes in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change-favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 11
4. Manufacturers & Brands 13
5. Taxation & Retail 18
5.1. Taxation 18
5.2. Retail Prices 19
6. The Smoking Population 21
7. Production and Trade 25
7.1. Production 25
7.2. Imports 28
7.3. Exports 31
8. Operating Constraints 34
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 34
8.2. Health Warnings and Labeling Requirements 34
8.3. Other Restrictions 34
9. Company Profiles 35
10. Prospects & Forecasts 37
11. Appendix 39
11.1. What is this Report About? 39
11.2. Time Frame 39
11.3. Product Category Coverage 39
11.4. Methodology 40
11.5. About GlobalData 42
11.6. Disclaimer 43
11.7. Contact Us 43
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 40
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 42
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 8
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 10
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2017 14
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Shares, Percentage Share (%), 2000-2017 15
Table 5: Cigarettes Prices, USD /Pack 2008, 2010 & 2012 20
Table 6: Cigarettes Prices, USD 20 per Pack 2011 20
Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 21
Table 8: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by Gender, Age and Province, 2006, Percentage Share (%) 22
Table 9: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by Education and Wealth, 2006, Percentage Share (%) 23
Table 10: Cigarette Production, 1990-2017 25
Table 11: Cigarette Imports, 1995-2016 28
Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016 29
Table 13: Cigarette Exports, 1993-2016 31
Table 14: Exports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016 33
Table 15: Company profile: British American Tobacco Zimbabwe Ltd 35
Table 16: Company profile: Pacific Cigarette Company (formerly Savanna Tobacco) 36
Table 17: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 38
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Pacific Cigarette Company
Cigarettes, Zimbabwe, consumption, pieces, production, market volume, imports, exports, per capita, forecast, retail distribution, taxation, smoking population
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports