Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Zambia, 2018
"Cigarettes in Zambia, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Zambia.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 0.98 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 34.5% of adult male and 1.5% female smokers in 2017, or 12.9% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 91 pieces in 2017, compared with 85 pieces in 2000 and 210 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 1.45 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Zambian consumers consumed an average of 91 cigarettes in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change-favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 11
4. Manufacturers & Brands 12
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 16
5.1. Taxation 16
5.2. Retail Prices 17
6. The Smoking Population 18
7. Production and Trade 22
7.1. Production 22
7.2. Imports 24
7.3. Exports/Re-Exports 27
8. Operating Constraints 30
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 30
8.2. Health Warnings 30
8.3. Government Restrictions 30
9. Company Profiles 32
10. Prospects & Forecasts 34
11. Appendix 36
11.1. What is this Report About? 36
11.2. Time Frame 36
11.3. Product Category Coverage 36
11.4. Methodology 37
11.5. About GlobalData 39
11.6. Disclaimer 40
11.7. Contact Us 40
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 37
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 39
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 8
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 10
Table 3: Market Segmentation: Filter vs. Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2014, Million Pieces 11
Table 4: Market Segmentation: Filter vs. Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2014, Percentage Share (%) 11
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2017 13
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Percentage Share (%), 2000-2017 14
Table 7: Retail Prices, Leading Brands, 2008 & 2010, Zk/Pack 17
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 18
Table 9: Cigarette Smokers by Gender, 2007, Percentage Share (%) 19
Table 10: Cigarette Smokers by Location, 2007, Percentage Share (%) 20
Table 11: Smoking Prevalence, Tobacco & Cigarettes, 2009 20
Table 12: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 22
Table 13: Imports, Volume(Million Pieces), 1995-2017 24
Table 14: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 25
Table 15: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Percentage Share (%) 26
Table 16: Exports, Volume(Million Pieces), 1995-2017 27
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 29
Table 18: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 29
Table 19: Company profile: Roland Imperial Tobacco Ltd 32
Table 20: Company Profile: British American Tobacco (Zambia) Plc. 33
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 35
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Cigarettes, Zambia, consumption, pieces, production, market volume, imports, exports, per capita, forecast, retail distribution, taxation, smoking population
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports