Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in UAE, 2018
"Cigarettes in UAE, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the UAE market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The UAE is a significant import-export destination and export trade was estimated at 38.5 billion pieces in 2016. The country is a member of the GCC and in line with other members has been proactive in seeking to reduce smoking levels, with a combination of economic and other measures being used to achieve this aim. Looking at 2017, the main impact to hit the market was the change in the way that excise tax was levied on cigarettes, which came into force in October. Although prior to the change increased purchases are likely to have been made, in the immediate aftermath sales are believed to have halved. Imported international cigarettes dominate the internal market.
- The domestic cigarette market in the UAE is well developed and completely converted to filter tipped cigarettes as a result of GCC actions that outlawed plain, unfiltered varieties.
- King size is the dominant length with nearly all brands marketed offered in the 85mm format.
- In 2017, the main international players were PMI with a 29.5% share, BAT with a reduced 25.5%, and JTI with a 15% share.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 12
4. Manufacturers & Brands 13
5. Taxation & Retail 17
5.1. Taxation 17
5.2. Retail Prices 18
6. The Smoking Population 20
7. Production & Trade 24
7.1. Production 24
7.2. Imports 26
7.3. Exports 29
8. Operating constraints 32
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 32
8.2. Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements 32
8.3. Other Restrictions 33
9. Prospects & Forecasts 36
10. Appendix 38
10.1. What is this Report About? 38
10.2. Time Frame 38
10.3. Product Category Coverage 38
10.4. Methodology 39
10.5. About GlobalData 41
10.6. Disclaimer 42
10.7. Contact Us 43
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 39
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 41
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 8
Table 2: Legal vs. Contraband Cigarette Sales, 2004-2016, Million Pieces 9
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 11
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2017, Million Pieces 15
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2017, % 16
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 21
Table 7: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Age & Gender, 2009, % 22
Table 8: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Ethnicity & Gender, 2009 23
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 2007-2012 24
Table 10: Import Volumes, 2001-2016 26
Table 11: Cigarette Imports by Country or Origin, 2005 and 2007-2016, Million Pieces 28
Table 12: Export Volumes, 2003-2016 29
Table 13: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005 and 2007-2016, Million Pieces 30
Table 14: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027 37
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Kaane American International Tobacco Company
Walford Tobacco Company FZE
UAE, tobacco, cigarettes, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports