Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Syria, 2018
"Cigarettes in Syria, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Syrian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Syria is one of the larger countries in the Middle East and gained independence from France in 1946. Prior to the recent ongoing civil war it had a population of over 22 million, although this is currently estimated as down at around 18 million.
- King size filter cigarettes used to dominate the market and were favored by most consumers although historically their availability has been affected by supply problems. Some 100mm domestic and imported brands also featured. However, the emphasis is shifting towards shorter cigarettes to compete with illegal imports and cross-border supplies.
- Forecasting the Syrian market is complicated given the ongoing civil war. Nevertheless, GlobalData believes the current conflict is nearing its end, with this expected to benefit the cigarette market. Our current estimates are that the overall market will see strong growth over the coming decade with volumes reaching 18.4 billion pieces in 2027 as both local production capacity and distribution improves. Per capita sales are forecast at 732 pieces in 2027. Illegal and cross-border trade is expected to remain a major part of the market hampering sales.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 14
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 20
5.1. Taxation 20
5.2. Retail Prices 21
6. The Smoking Population 23
7. Production and Trade 26
7.1. Production 26
7.2. Imports 29
7.3. Exports/Re-Exports 35
8. Operating Constraints 39
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 39
8.2. Health Warnings 39
8.3. Government Restrictions 39
9. Company Profiles 40
10. Prospects & Forecasts 41
11. Appendix 43
11.1. What is this Report About? 43
11.2. Time Frame 43
11.3. Product Category Coverage 43
11.4. Methodology 44
11.5. About GlobalData 45
11.6. Disclaimer 45
11.7. Contact Us 46
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 44
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 45
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 8
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 10
Table 3: Total Cigarette Market, 1993-2017, Million Pieces 12
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2017 17
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, %, 2000-2017 18
Table 6: Cigarette Price Index, 2005-2010 21
Table 7: Retail Prices, Leading Brands, March 2012, GBPS per Pack 22
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 24
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 27
Table 10: Imports of Cigarettes, 1993-2017 30
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010, Million Pieces 31
Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010, % 32
Table 13: Exports to Syria by Supplying Country, 2010-2017, Million Pieces, % 33
Table 14: Exports to Syria by Supplying Country, 2010-2017, % 34
Table 15: Exports of Cigarettes, 2003-2017 35
Table 16: Exports by Country of Destination, 2003-2010, Million Pieces, % 37
Table 17: Imports from Syria by Receiving Country, 2010-2017 38
Table 18: Company profile: General Organisation of Tobacco (GOT) 40
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 42
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Syria, Cigarettes, tobacco, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports