Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Pakistan, 2018
"Cigarettes in Pakistan, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Pakistan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Pakistan is an important market for tobacco products, but cigarettes compete with a range of other tobacco products (pan, bidis, chewing tobacco/snuff, and shisha) for business. The market suffers from a substantial illegal trade, comprising chronic under-recording of production by some smaller manufacturers as well as smuggling and counterfeit production.
- There are reported to be around 55 domestic manufacturers in Pakistan, but two manufacturers dominate the duty paid market, namely Pakistan Tobacco Company (PTC), which is a subsidiary of British American Tobacco and Philip Morris Pakistan which is owned by PMI.
- The government is taking an increasingly tough stance over smoking. The legitimate, duty-paid market for cigarettes in Pakistan has suffered badly during the past few years.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 15
4. Manufacturers & Brands 19
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 27
5.1. Taxation 27
5.2. Retail Prices 29
6. The Smoking Population 32
7. Production & Trade 36
7.1. Production 36
7.2. Imports 39
7.3. Exports 42
8. Operating Constraints 45
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 45
8.2. Health Warnings 45
8.3. Other Restrictions 47
9. Company Profiles 49
10. Prospects & Forecasts 51
11. Appendix 54
11.1. What is this Report About? 54
11.2. Time Frame 55
11.3. Product Category Coverage 56
11.4. Methodology 57
11.5. About GlobalData 59
11.6. Disclaimer 60
11.7. Contact Us 61
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 57
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 59
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Million Pieces, 1990-2017 9
Table 2: Duty v Non-Duty Paid Sales, Billion Pieces, 2010-2017 10
Table 3: Market Breakdown: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Breakdown, 2000-2017, % Volume 12
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 13
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Filter v Non-Filter, 1990-2015, Billion Pieces 15
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Filter v Non-Filter, 1990-2015, % of total 15
Table 7: Market Breakdown by Length of Cigarettes, 1998-2006, % Volume 16
Table 8: Market Breakdown by Pack Size, 1996-2006, % Volume 16
Table 9: Market Breakdown by Pack Type, 1998-2006, % Volume 17
Table 10: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, Billion Pieces 21
Table 11: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, % Volume 22
Table 12: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2011, % of Total 26
Table 13: Cigarette Prices (K-2), 2006-2017 30
Table 14: Cigarette Prices of Selected Brands, 2013-2018, Rs/Pack 30
Table 15: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 33
Table 16: Adult Prevalence of Tobacco Usage by Type of Product, 2002 34
Table 17: Use of Tobacco by Gender(1), 2012-13, % of Total 34
Table 18: Cigarette Production, 1990-2017 37
Table 19: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017 39
Table 20: Imports by Country of Origin, 2004-2017, Million Pieces 41
Table 21: Imports by Country of Origin, 2004-2017, % of Total 41
Table 22: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017 43
Table 23: Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2017, Million Pieces 44
Table 24: Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2017, % of Total 44
Table 25: Company profile: Pakistan Tobacco Company Ltd 49
Table 26: Company profile: Philip Morris (Pakistan) Limited 50
Table 27: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 53
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Philip Morris Pakistan
Lakson Tobacco Company
Premier Tobacco Industries Ltd
Pakistan, tobacco, cigarettes, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports