Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2018
"Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Nigeria.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, actions to target the non duty cigarettes market has helped drive the legitmate cigarette market in Nigeria. There are currently 5.4 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 10% of adult male and 1.1% female smokers in 2017, or 5.6% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 105 pieces in 2017, compared with 16 pieces in 2000 and 83 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 20 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Nigerian consumers consumed an average of 105 cigarettes in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change-favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 15
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 19
5.1. Taxation 19
5.2. Retail Prices 20
6. The Smoking Population 23
7. Production & Trade 27
7.1. Production 27
7.2. Imports 29
7.3. Exports 32
8. Operating Constraints 35
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 35
8.2. Health Warnings 36
8.3. Other Restrictions 36
9. Company Profiles 39
10. Prospects & Forecasts 40
11. Appendix 42
11.1. What is this Report About? 42
11.2. Time Frame 42
11.3. Product Category Coverage 42
11.4. Methodology 43
11.5. About GlobalData 45
11.6. Disclaimer 46
11.7. Contact Us 47
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 43
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 45
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990-2017 8
Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990-2017 10
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 11
Table 4: Cigarette Market by Pack Type, Billion Pieces, 2000-2008 13
Table 5: Cigarette Market by Pack Type, %, 2000-2008 13
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Billion Pieces, 2000-2017 16
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2017 17
Table 8: Brands by Category 20
Table 9: Average Retail Prices of cigarette Brands in Ibadan, Nigeria, May 2013 21
Table 10: Price Index (Alcohol & Tobacco), 2009-2016 22
Table 11: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 23
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Region ( Nigeria), %, 2012 26
Table 13: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces & % 1990-2016 27
Table 14: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017 29
Table 15: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 30
Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, percentage 31
Table 17: Exports of Cigarettes, 2007-2017 32
Table 18: Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2017, Million Pieces 33
Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2017, % 34
Table 20: Company profile: British American Tobacco (Nigeria) Ltd 39
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 41
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Cigarettes, Nigeria, consumption, pieces, production, market volume, imports, exports, per capita, forecast, retail distribution, taxation, smoking population
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports