Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Iran, 2018
"Cigarettes in Iran, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Iranian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Iran is one of the largest countries in the region with a population of nearly 84 million and one of the largest markets for cigarettes in the Middle East-both duty paid and non-duty paid. Consequently, Iran is one of the most attractive markets for global tobacco companies, both in terms of potential expansion of duty paid sales and for trading-up.
- Taking into account both duty paid and non-duty paid consumption, sales in 2017 were estimated at 71 billion pieces.
- The ITC has long been the market leader, producing its own and licensed brands. Cigarette production has fluctuated of late.
- Following a series of successive increases since 2004, it topped out at 26.9 billion pieces in 2009. An anti-smoking law was passed in 2004. This law restricts tobacco promotion, raised the legal age to purchase cigarettes to 18, and imposed restrictions on smoking in public places.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 15
5. Taxation & Retail 20
5.1. Taxation 20
5.2. Retail Prices 21
6. The Smoking Population 23
7. Production & Trade 27
7.1. Production 27
7.2. Imports 30
7.3. Exports 34
8. Operating Constraints 37
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 37
8.2. Health Warnings/ Labelling Requirements 37
8.3. Government Restrictions 37
9. Company Profiles 40
10. Prospects & Forecasts 41
11. Appendix 43
11.1. What is this Report About? 43
11.2. Time Frame 44
11.3. Product Category Coverage 45
11.4. Methodology 46
11.5. About GlobalData 48
11.6. Disclaimer 49
11.7. Contact Us 50
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 46
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 48
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 8
Table 2: Total Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 10
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 11
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 1990-2015, Million Pieces 13
Table 5: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 1990-2015, % of Volume 13
Table 6: Cigarette Sales by Diameter, 2006-2008, % Volume 13
Table 7: Cigarette Sales by Category, 2000-2008, % 14
Table 8: Market Share, Domestic & Imports, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 16
Table 9: Market Share, Domestic & Imports, 2007-2017, % (Percentage Share) 16
Table 10: Iran: Cigarette Manufacturer's Market Share, 2006 & 2009, % Volume 16
Table 11: Cigarette Brand Shares, 2006 & 2009, % Volume 18
Table 12: Tobacco Price Inflation, 2004/05-2014/15 21
Table 13: Cigarette Prices, 2009, USD 22
Table 14: Smoking population,1990-2017 24
Table 15: Smoking in Tehran by Subgroup, 2013 25
Table 16: Current (Overall) & Daily Cigarette Smoking by Age & Gender, 2007 26
Table 17: Cigarette Production, 1990-2017, Million Pieces 28
Table 18: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017 31
Table 19: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 32
Table 20: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, % of Total 33
Table 21: Official Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2011 33
Table 22: Exports of Cigarettes, 1994-2017 34
Table 23: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2017, Million Pieces 35
Table 24: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2017, % of Total 35
Table 25: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination (UN), 2011 36
Table 26: Company profile: Islamic Republic of Iran Tobacco Company (ITC) 40
Table 27: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027 42
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Iranian Tobacco Company
Arian Tobacco Industry
Iran, tobacco, cigarettes, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports