Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Hungary, 2018
"Cigarettes in Hungary, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hungarian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The cigarette market experienced a considerable decline in duty paid sales up to 2005. Legitimate market volumes had fallen from 21,100 million pieces in 2000 to only 14,184 million pieces in 2005, while, in sharp contrast, the black market was reported to have increased substantially over the same period. However, new measures brought in during 2005 and 2006 helped the duty paid sector to recover, with legitimate sales volume rising in the period 2006 to 2009. Since then, the trend has once again moved downwards, with consumption estimated to stand down at 6,300 million pieces in 2016 and a forecasted 6,000 million pieces in 2017, hampered by increasing sales restrictions and recent tax rises.
- Hungary has a population of just below 9.9 million and is a member of the EU, having joined in May 2004. The Hungarian economy entered recession in 2009 along with other European economies, and despite growth in 2010 and 2011 the economy has suffered from recent difficulties facing the Eurozone. Nevertheless growth began to return in 2016.
- Sales will be affected by the impact of tighter regulations on smoking in public places and the reduction in sales outlets authorized to sell tobacco products. However, a move away from RYO will offer some benefit, helped by low-priced brands gaining popularity in the sector. The period 2017-2027 is forecast to see a fall in duty paid sales of 24.7%, with rising prices and increased concern over the risks of smoking being the main causes. By 2027 the duty paid market is expected to be down at 4,520 million pieces. Per capita consumption is forecast down 22.2% to 474 pieces/ year in 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 17
5. Taxation & Retail 24
5.1. Taxation 24
5.2. Retail Prices 27
6. The Smoking Population 29
7. Production & Trade 32
7.1. Production 32
7.2. Imports 35
7.3. Exports 38
8. Operating Constraints 42
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 42
8.2. Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements 43
8.3. Other Restrictions 43
9. Company Profiles 46
10. Prospects & Forecasts 51
11. Appendix 53
11.1. What is this Report About? 53
11.2. Time Frame 53
11.3. Product Category Coverage 53
11.4. Methodology 54
11.5. About GlobalData 56
11.6. Disclaimer 57
11.7. Contact Us 58
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 54
Figure 2: Global Data at a Glance 56
List of Tables
Table 1: Non-Duty Paid Sales Trends, 2001-2017, Billion pieces 7
Table 2: Counterfeit & Smuggled Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2006-2014, % of total 8
Table 3: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 9
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 11
Table 5: Cigarette Sales by Price Brand, 2002 & 2007, (%) 14
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 20
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2017, (%) 21
Table 8: EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2018 26
Table 9: Retail Prices: Selected Brands, 2003-2015, Ft per pack 27
Table 10: Smoking population, 1990-2017 30
Table 11: Smoking Incidence by Sex & Age, 2000, 2003 & 2009, (%) 31
Table 12: Production of Cigarettes, 1990-2017 33
Table 13: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017 36
Table 14: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, Volume, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 37
Table 15: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, Volume, 2007-2017, (%) 37
Table 16: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017, Volume 39
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, Volume, 2007-2017, Million Pieces 40
Table 18: Exports by Country of Destination, Volume, 2007-2017, % 41
Table 19: Company Profile: Philip Morris Magyarorszag Cigarettagyarto es Kereskedelmi Kft 46
Table 20: Company Profile: BAT Pecsi Dohanygyar Kft 47
Table 21: Company Profile: JTI Hungary Zrt 48
Table 22: Company Profile: Imperial Tobacco (Magyarorszag Dohanyforgalmazo Kft) 49
Table 23: Company Profile: Continental Dohanypari Csoport (Continental Tobacco Group) 50
Table 24: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 52
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Philip Morris International
Hungary, Cigarettes, tobacco, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports