Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Cyprus, 2018
"Cigarettes in Cyprus, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Cypriot market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption, which was increasing during most of the 1990s, fell between 2002 and 2006 in response to price rises in preparation for Cyprus' accession to the EU in 2004. Duty paid volumes had declined to 1,460 million pieces by 2006 but were still 16% up on 1990 levels. A boost to the market followed in 2007 with volumes up by 8.2% on the back of reduced non-duty paid sales. However, through a combination of rising prices, competition from RYO and growing health awareness, cigarette sales were down at 1,369 million pieces in 2012. Purchasing in advance of a VAT rise in 2014 helped push up sales in 2013 to 1,420 million pieces, although a fall in volumes to 1,300 million pieces followed in 2014 with this continuing to 1,225 million pieces in 2016 and 1,150 million pieces in 2017. Per capita consumption is high by Western European standards at a forecasted 935 pieces in 2017.
- Cigarette consumption, which was increasing during most of the 1990s, fell between 2002 and 2006 in response to price rises in preparation for Cyprus' accession to the EU in 2004. Duty paid volumes had declined to 1,460 million pieces by 2006 but were still 16% up on 1990 levels. A boost to the market followed in 2007 with volumes up by 8.2% on the back of reduced non-duty paid sales. However, through a combination of rising prices, competition from RYO and growing health awareness, cigarette sales were down at 1,369 million pieces in 2012.
- The impact of tighter restrictions on smoking as well as higher prices is slowly denting demand for cigarettes. RYO is also becoming less attractive and has suffered a fall in volumes. GlobalData expects cigarette sales to drop by 30.4% between 2017 and 2027 to 800 million pieces. Per capita consumption is set to fall by 37.1% over the same period to a forecast 588 pieces in 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 12
4. Manufacturers & Brands 14
5. Taxation & Retail 20
5.1. Taxation 20
5.2. Retail Prices 22
6. The Smoking Population 27
7. Production & Trade 30
7.1. Production 30
7.2. Imports 32
7.3. Exports 36
8. Operating constraints 39
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 40
8.2. Health Warnings 40
8.3. Government Restrictions 41
8.4. Other Restrictions 42
9. Company Profiles 43
10. Prospects & Forecasts 46
11. Appendix 48
11.1. What is this Report About? 48
11.2. Time Frame 48
11.3. Product Category Coverage 48
11.4. Methodology 49
11.5. About GlobalData 51
11.6. Disclaimer 52
11.7. Contact Us 53
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 49
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 51
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 9
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, Per Capita Consumption 11
Table 3: Market Breakdown By Strength, 2000-2012, Billion Pieces 12
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Tobacco Type, 2000-2016, % Breakdown 13
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 15
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, % 16
Table 7: Market Shares of Leading Brands, 2002-2016, % Volume 18
Table 8: EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, Cigarettes, 2018 21
Table 9: Trends in Average Cigarette Prices, 1993-2018 22
Table 10: Cigarette Retail Prices by Brand, 2009-2014, 2016 & 2017 24
Table 11: Cigarette Prices by Manufacturer & Brand, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 25
Table 12: Belgium: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 28
Table 13: Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2003 29
Table 14: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016 31
Table 15: Cigarette Imports: Total & Domestic, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 33
Table 16: Domestic Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 34
Table 17: Domestic Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, % Breakdown 35
Table 18: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 37
Table 19: Domestic Exports by Country of Destination, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 38
Table 20: Domestic Exports by Country of Destination, 2006-2016, % Breakdown 38
Table 21: BAT (Cyprus) Ltd 43
Table 22: CTC Cassandra 44
Table 23: JTI International Company (Cyprus) Ltd 45
Table 24: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027 47
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Cyprus, Cigarettes, tobacco, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports