Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Colombia, 2018
"Cigarettes in Colombia, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Lebanese market. The report offers market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Colombia is one of the larger cigarette markets in South America, although it has long suffered from a substantial contraband problem, which has impacted upon duty-paid demand for cigarettes. Today, the market is essentially contested between the two leading multinationals, Philip Morris International (PMI) and British American Tobacco (BAT), with BAT now holding a small lead over PMI, which led the market up to 2016.
- Exports to the US accounted for 25% of total exports in 2015 but declined sharply in 2016 and none were recorded in 2017, when Aruba, Peru, and Bolivia were the main export markets.
- Colombia was badly affected by the global economic slowdown but has since recovered, although the oil price shock in 2015 and 2016 slowed the economy considerably and pushed up inflation.
- Legitimate market volume is projected to decline by a further 19.4% from 2017 levels to 10.6 billion pieces by 2027, as demand continues to suffer from the impact of new smoking restrictions, price rises, and competition from contraband, with the possibility of e-cigarettes adding further pressure on demand in the future.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 19
5. Taxation & Retail 28
5.1. Taxation 28
5.2. Retail Prices 29
6. The Smoking Population 35
7. Production & Trade 38
7.1. Production 38
7.2. Imports 41
7.3. Exports 46
8. Operating constraints 51
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 51
8.2. Health Warnings 51
8.3. Other Restrictions 52
9. Company Profiles 53
10. Prospects & Forecasts 55
11. Appendix 57
11.1. What is this Report About? 57
11.2. Time Frame 57
11.3. Product Category Coverage 57
11.4. Methodology 58
11.5. About GlobalData 60
11.6. Disclaimer 61
11.7. Contact Us 62
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 58
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 60
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 8
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 10
Table 3: Total Market, Legitimate & Contraband, & Overall Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 12
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic vs. Imports, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 14
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Domestic vs. Imports, 2000-2017, % of Total 15
Table 6: Overall Market Breakdown: Domestic vs. International Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Billion Pieces 16
Table 7: Overall Market Breakdown: Domestic vs. International Cigarettes, 2000-2015, % of Total 17
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales, Billion Pieces, 2000-2017 21
Table 9: Manufacturer Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2017 22
Table 10: Leading Domestic Brands by Sector, 2017 25
Table 11: Leading Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2000-2014 27
Table 12: Average Cigarette Prices, 2007-2017, Peso per Packet 30
Table 13: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 35
Table 14: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016 39
Table 15: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2017 42
Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin (2007-2017), Million Pieces 44
Table 17: Imports by Country of Origin (2007-2017), % of Total 45
Table 18: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017 47
Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 49
Table 20: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2017, % Volume 50
Table 21: Company profile: Philip Morris Colombia SA/ Compania Colombiana de Tabaco SA (Coltabaco) 53
Table 22: Company profile: British American Tobacco Colombia 54
Table 23: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 56
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Cia Colombiana de Tabaco SA
Colombia, tobacco, cigarettes, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports