Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Cigarettes in Cambodia, 2018
"Cigarettes in Cambodia, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Cambodian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cambodia's return to democracy in 1993, whilst bringing about conditions that should benefit a market such as cigarettes, was also accompanied by rising non-duty paid sales. This saw duty paid volumes drop to six billion pieces in 2006, although some improvement to 7.5 billion pieces was recorded by 2014. Increased taxes have come to dominate the market with volumes dropping to 7.3 billion pieces in 2015, although an increase to 7.8 billion pieces was forecasted for 2017. Per capita consumption rates have fallen as the country's population has expanded. Volumes stood at 481 pieces in 2017, which is 25.5% lower than in 1990.
- Cambodia is an important transshipment point for cigarettes being illegally exported to other neighboring states. These stood at 40.7 billion pieces in 2016, which is 33.7 billion pieces in excess of legal market consumption that year. Legal exports are high, amounting to 3.3 billion pieces in 2016, with Singapore and Vietnam currently the main markets.
- The future for the market will be growth, boosted by an improving economy and rising disposable incomes. Contraband will continue as a feature of the market. Of particular concern are further restrictions on smoking as part of the government's drive against the habit, in addition to tax increases to raise revenue. By 2027, legitimate volumes are expected to rise to 8.5 billion pieces, 9.1% ahead of 2017 levels. Per capita consumption is forecast to fall by 4.1% over the same period to 462 pieces in 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes-prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 11
4. Manufacturers & Brands 13
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 17
5.1. Taxation 17
5.2. Retail Prices 17
6. The Smoking Population 18
7. Production and Trade 21
7.1. Production 21
1.1 Imports 23
7.2. Exports 26
8. Operating Constraints 30
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 30
8.2. Health Warnings 30
8.3. Other Restrictions 31
9. Company Profiles 32
10. Prospects & Forecasts 34
11. Appendix 36
11.1. What is this Report About? 36
11.2. Time Frame 36
11.3. Product Category Coverage 36
11.4. Methodology 37
11.5. About GlobalData 38
11.6. Disclaimer 39
11.7. Contact Us 40
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 37
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance 38
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 7
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 9
Table 3: Market Segmentation by Price, 2004 & 2007 12
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2017, Million Pieces 14
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2017, % of Total 15
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2017 18
Table 7: Prevalence of Tobacco Use, 2010, % 20
Table 8: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016 21
Table 9: Cigarette Imports , 2000-2016 23
Table 10: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, Million Pieces 24
Table 11: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, % of Total 25
Table 12: Legal Exports of Cigarettes, 2000-2016 26
Table 13: Cigarette exports by Country of Destination, 2010-2016, Volume (Million Pieces) 27
Table 14: Cigarette exports by Country of Destination, 2010-2016, % of Total 28
Table 15: Illegal Exports of Cigarettes, 2000-2014 29
Table 16: Company Profile: BAT Cambodia Ltd 32
Table 17: Company Profile: Viniton (Group) Tobacco Co. Ltd 33
Table 18: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 35
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Philip Morris International
Cambodia, Cigarettes, tobacco, smoking, production, imports, exports, companies, international brands, costs
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports