Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Success Case Study: Diet Coke in the US-Repositioning a tiring brand for a new generation
Diet Coke underwent a relaunch at the start of 2018 to address years of slow decline. With a new can design, look, and flavor options, and a Millennial-focused marketing campaign, the brand reversed its decline in short order, achieving its strongest growth since 2010.
Diet soft drinks have experienced a prolonged period of stagnation and decline, both as part of the overall consumer drift away from soft drinks consumption, but also from the proliferation of newer "zero-sugar" variants. "Diet" as a claim has become less well understood in a changed marketplace, necessitating a rethink for key brands.
- Developing an accurate understanding of Millennials, the audience identified as key to rebuilding the brand, has been vital to Diet Coke's recent success.
- The brand has presented itself as relevant to Millennials' outlook and lifestyle in irreverent advertising highlighting consumption experience over diet/health claims.
- Diet Coke has showed it is possible to shift demographic focus successfully (from 1980s Baby Boomers to Millennials) without a total reformulation. Presentation, flavor options, and effective communication can work efficiently.
Reasons to buy
- Use GlobalData's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Diet Coke, Coca-Cola, diet, soft drinks, carbonates, carbonated beverages, Coke Zero Sugar, sugar, calories, zero calories, marketing, Millennials, Generation X, Gen Z
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports