Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
The Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa is analyzed to be one of the fastest growing markets across the globe. The Breads and Rolls category dominates in South Africa, while Morning Goods and Energy Bars is expected to register the fastest growth during 2015 - 2020. Considering the economical scenario, consumer's inclination for private label and On-The-Go product are considered to be the major consumer trends driving the current market dynamics. Going ahead, government's proposed legislative reforms on salt content on food product will force manufacturer's to rethink about their food compositions which will benefit Bakery and Cereals consumers in the market as well.
- The Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa is expected to register similar growth in value terms during 2015-2020 as compared to 2010-2015.
- South African consumers are opting for value for money products in the Bakery and Cereals market.
- The Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Morning Goods and Energy Bars categories are forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the South African Bakery and Cereals market.
- Snow Flake is the leading brand in the Baking Mixes category in both value and volume terms.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Bakery and Cereals market in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Mixes, Baking Ingredients, Bread and Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cakes, Pastries and Sweet Pies, Dough Products, Cereal Bars, Energy Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Savory Biscuits, Morning Goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Film, Tray and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Bakery and Cereals products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery and Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
Retail and foodservice figures -Key Takeaways
Market Overview, Consumer Demographics and Pricing Analysis
Value and volume analysis for South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
Degree of trade up/down in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
Volume analysis by category
Market value and growth rates, by category
Historic and forecast value analysis by category
Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization -at category level
Inter-country comparison of average price per kg by category
Top variants and pack size distribution analysis
Retailer price dynamics
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
Leading retailers in South Africa's Food market
Leading distribution channels (value terms) in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
Penetration of private label by category in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
Health and Wellness analysis
Value of Health & Wellness claims by category
Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales
Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales
Key Health & Wellness companies and market share
Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
Bakery and Cereals market by type of packaging, forecast(in volume terms)
Consumer trend analysis
Canadean's consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
For key trends in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market:
How the trend is influencing consumption in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
How to target the trend in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
How the trend will evolve in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
Key target demographic and the rate at which the trend will evolve
What are the key drivers that will influence growth of Bakery and Cereals market in the future
New products launched in South Africa's Bakery and Cereals market
Category value and volume data
Consumer Demographics data
Health & Wellness data
Health & Wellness definitions
Explanation of sub-trends
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Bakery and Cereals market, 2015
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 13: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
Figure 14: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 15: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 16: Value of key Health & Wellness claims, by category, 2010-2020
Figure 17: Leading Health & Wellness companies by category, 2015
Figure 18: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 19:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
Table 1: Country Indicators -overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in ZAR and USD, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: USD to ZAR
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average price per kg comparison by categories
Table 8: Retailer price dynamics (includes % difference from average price)
Table 9: Leading retailers
Table 10: Leading brands by segments, 2015
Table 11: Leading brands by category, 2015
Table 12: Key Health & Wellness product attributes driving sales, 2015
Table 13: Key Health & Wellness consumer benefits driving sales, 2015
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Kraft Foods Group Inc.
Mondelez International Inc
Premier Foods Group
The Bidvest Group Limited
Vital Health Foods
Bright Food (Group) Co. Ltd.
Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A.
Walkers Shortbread Ltd.
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports