Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
The Dry Fruit Market in India is showing remarkable growth owing to the growing gift culture during various festivals and occasions along with the rising health awareness among the consumers. Consumers are becoming aware about the health benefits associated with dry fruit consumption and this is leading to its increased consumption. Moreover, the user industries of dry fruits are also growing steadily leading to its increased demand from these sectors. This is further aided with the penetration and availability of dry fruits in different packaging formats at various retail points along with the increased disposable income amongst the consumers. All these factors are indicating towards the bright future of the Indian dry fruit industry in the coming years.
The report begins with the introduction section which segregates the overall food processing industry into its sub segments, one of which is the fruits and vegetables segment and dry fruit is one of the sub segments of this group. It then moves into the market overview section, which provides an overview of the global dried fruit and nut market with details regarding its current market scenario, its overall production and consumption during the last five years. Then the segmental shares of overall tree nuts and dried fruits both in terms of global production and consumption are shown. In addition to this, production and consumption shares of individual nuts and dried fruits are also shown. The next section provides an insight about the Indian dry fruit industry, its characteristics along with details regarding its current market size and growth in the coming years. Segmental share of the market in terms of organized and unorganized sector is also provided. After this, overall consumption share of various dry fruits along with zone specific segmentation and consumption pattern segmentation is also included. Next, details regarding the dry fruits which are mostly grown in India and those which are imported along with the names of the chief importing nations are provided. This is followed by the production volume of some major dry fruits along with India's rank in the global market in terms of production of those dry fruits. The next section elaborates on the value chain analysis of the sector.
A separate section on import and export of different types of dry fruits is also provided, highlighting the growth in import and export values over the years. Then, details regarding major importing and exporting nations are also provided.
An analysis of the drivers explains the factors for growth of the industry that include festivals and gifting culture, increasing health awareness, growth of user industries, booming retail market, rising income and consumption and rapid urbanization. The key challenges include rise in packaging costs, shortage of cold storage units, deficit in power supply and under-invoiced imports.
The next section speaks about the government rules & policies which covers Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 & Regulations 2011 and other government policies.
After this, a separate section of government participation is provided which speaks about Agri Export Zones and state specific initiatives taken by the government of India for boosting the dry fruit industry.
The major trends identified in the sector include exhibitions and events, innovative packaging, organic dry fruits, dry fruit nankhatais, gaining special space in retail, postal dry fruit delivery from Kashmir and usage of mainline container vessels for cashew imports.
The competition section offers a competitive landscape of the players by providing their financials and key financial ratios. It also provides elaborate information regarding the organizations. Key financial parameters constitute the financial performances of the players which are followed by business highlights. Porters Five Forces Analysis has been incorporated for a brief but effective understanding of the market scenario.
The report concludes with a section on strategic recommendations which comprises an analysis of the growth strategies for the dry fruit market in India.
Slide 1: Executive summary
Slide 2: Introduction
Slide 3-6: Global Dry Fruit Market-Overview, Production & Growth (2008-2012), Consumption & Growth (2008-2012) & Segmental Shares (2011)
Slide 7-11: Indian Dry Fruit Market-Overview, Market Size & Growth (2010-2017e) & Market Segmentation (2012)
Slide 12-13: Value Chain Analysis
Import & Export
Slide 14-19: Total Imports-Different Types of Dry Fruits (2009 to Apr-Sep 2012)
Slide 20-25: Total Exports-Different Types of Dry Fruits (2009 to Apr-Sep 2012)
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 26: Summary
Slide 27-36: Drivers
Slide 37-40: Challenges
Government Rules & Policies
Slide 41: Summary
Slide 42-44: Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 & Regulations 2011
Slide 45: Government policies
Slide 46: Summary
Slide 47: Agri Export Zones
Slide 48: State Specific Initiatives
Slide 49: Summary
Slide 50-57: Key Trends
Slide 58: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 59-81: Major Players
Slide 82-83: Strategic Recommendations
Slide 84: Appendix
Slide 85: Sources of Information
1. Global Dry Fruit Market-Production & Growth (2008-2012)
2. Global Dry Fruit Market-Consumption & Growth (2008-2012)
3. Global Dry Fruit Market-Segmental Share-Production (2011)
4. Global Dry Fruit Market-Segmental Share-Consumption (2011)
5. Global Dry Fruit Market-Various types of tree nuts-Production & Consumption Shares (2011)
6. Global Dry Fruit Market-Various types of dried fruits-Production & Consumption Shares (2011)
7. Indian Dry Fruit Market-Market Size & Growth (2010-2017e)
8. Indian Dry Fruit Market-Segmentation into organized and unorganized sectors (2012)
9. Indian Dry Fruit Market-Consumption shares of different types of dry fruits (2012)
10. Indian Dry Fruit Market-Consumption pattern share-Direct and as Additive (2011)
11. Indian Dry Fruit Market-Region wise consumption share (2012)
12. Indian Dry Fruit Market-Production volume of some major dry fruits (2011)
Import & Export
1. Imports-Total Imports (2009 to Apr-Sep 2012)
2. Imports-Major Importing Nations-Value Wise (2011)
3. Exports-Total Exports (2009 to Apr-Sep 2012)
4. Exports-Major Exporting Nations-Value Wise (2011)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Festivals and Gifting Culture-Gifting Market in India (2011-2015e)
2. Growth of User Industries-Confectionery Market (2010-2014e), Ice Cream Market (2011-2014e) and Snack & Ready to Eat Foods (2004-2014e)
3. Growing Retail Market-Number of Retail Outlets in India (2000-2010), Number of Hypermarkets in India (2008-2011), Organized Retail Market Space (2010-2020e) Growth of Malls in India (2010-11 & 2011-12)
4. Growing Income and Consumption-Aggregate Consumption (2005-2025e) and Aggregate Disposable Income (2005-2025e)
5. Rapid Urbanization-Growth in Urban Population (2001-2011)
6. Rise in Packaging Costs-Crude Oil Prices (Jan 2005 to May 2012)
7. Deficit in Power Supply-Future Power Demand-Supply Scenario (2007-2017e) and Demand Supply Gap ~ 17%
Dry Fruit Market Player's Profiles
1. Company profiles (All companies)
a. Financial Snapshot (All Companies except Bajaj Overseas Impex Pvt. Ltd., Coco Dry Fruits Pvt. Ltd., M H Foods Pvt. Ltd., Takkaiah & Co. Pvt. Ltd. and Vijayalaxmi Cashew Company)
b. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
c. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
1. Global-Various types of tree nuts
2. Global-Various types of dried fruits
3. India-List of dry fruits produced and imported in India
4. India-Share of import in procuring various dry fruits
1. Growing Health Awareness-General Benefits of Dry Fruits
1. Shortage of Cold Storage Units-Commodity wise distribution of cold storage capacity
2. High Pricing-Poultry Feed Price Hikes
1. Agri Export Zones-Agri Export Zones for dry fruits in India
2. Special initiatives during 2012 in response to deficient rainfall-State Wise Fund Allotment
Dry Fruit Market Player's Profiles
1. Company Profiles
a. Company information
b. Products and services
c. Key people (Except Bajaj Overseas Impex Pvt. Ltd.)
d. Key Financial Performance Indicators
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights
2. Sources of Information
Private Domestic Companies
Bajaj Overseas Impex Pvt. Ltd.
Coco Dry Fruits Pvt. Ltd.
DRB Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Karamhans Foods Pvt. Ltd.
M H Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Takkaiah & Co. Pvt. Ltd.
VKC Nuts Pvt. Ltd.
Vijayalaxmi Cashew Company
Private Foreign Companies
Paramount Farms International Pvt. Ltd.
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports