Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Netscribes' latest market research report titled Lead Acid Battery Market in India 2014 states that the battery market in India is experiencing rising demand from various sectors, thereby providing immense opportunities to manufacturers to grow and operate in the market lucratively. Steadily growing automobile sector and rising need for power backup is primarily aiding growth in the lead-acid battery market. The replacement market for batteries has also been growing considerably and is mostly served by smaller firms. The need for uninterrupted power in various industries such as telecom, banking and hospitality has resulted in the strong growth of industrial batteries. Another area from where the market has been facing high demand is the renewable energy market where batteries are required to store the energy generated from renewable sources.
Indian market is duopolistic in nature with the top 2 players, Exide Industries Ltd. and Amara Raja Batteries Ltd. Due to the tremendous brand recall experience by these companies, most original equipment manufacturers use batteries manufactured by them. Although a large unorganized market exists at present. The high efficiency with which lead acid batteries can be recycled has resulted in several recyclers entering the battery business. Since recycling, if not done with proper care, can result in heavy pollution, the Government of India has also laid down several guidelines. The Batteries (Management and Handling) Rules, 2001 is the law governing battery regulation in India. It was issued by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) and provided regulations for the management and handling of lead-acid batteries.
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013-Dec 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013-Jul 2013), Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014-Sep 2014)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Lead-Acid Battery Overview, Types of Lead-Acid Batteries
Slide 6: Factors Determining Life cycle of Lead-Acid Batteries
Slide 7: Lead-Acid Battery Components
Slide 8-9: Types of Dry Cell Batteries
Slide 10: Lead-Acid Batteries-Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2014-2018e), Market Segmentation (Value-Wise; 2014, 2018e)
Slide 11: Automotive Batteries-Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2014-2018e) and Industrial Batteries-Market Overview, Market Size & Growth (Value-Wise; 2014-2018e)
Slide 12: Lead Acid Battery-Import
Slide 13: Lead Acid Battery-Export
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 14: Drivers and Challenges Summary
Slide 15-21: Drivers
Slide 22-25: Challenges
Slide 26: Government Regulation-Summary
Slide 27-32: Key Regulations
Slide 33: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Slide 34-38: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 39-50: Major Public Companies
Slide 51-85: Major Private Companies
Slide 86: Key Recommendations
Slide 87: Appendix
Slide 88: Sources of Information
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Jul 2013-Dec 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2013-Jul 2013)
4. Exchange Rate: Half Yearly (Apr 2014-Sep 2014)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14)
7. FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
1. Lead-Acid Battery-Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise; 2014-2018e)
2. Market Segmentation (Value-Wise; 2014, 2018e)
3. Automotive Batteries-Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise; 2014-2018e)
4. Industrial Batteries-Market Size and Growth (Value-Wise; 2014-2018e)
1. Lead Acid Battery Import (Value and Volume Wise; 2012-15)
2. Major Importing Nations-Value Wise (2014)
3. Lead Acid Battery Export (Value and Volume Wise; 2012-15)
4. Major Exporting Nations-Value Wise (2014)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Rising Passenger Vehicle Production (Value-Wise; 2011-2014, 2016e, 2021e)
2. Rising Two & Three Wheeler Production (Value-Wise; 2011-2014, 2016e, 2021e)
3. Rising Commercial Vehicle Production (Value-Wise; 2011-2014, 2016e, 2021e)
4. Number of Bank Branches (2010-2012)
5. Number of ATMs (2010, 2012, 2015e)
6. Rise in Telecom Towers (2009, 2011, 2013, 2014)
7. Private Hospital Market (2012-2016e)
8. Retail Industry Growth (2013, 2018e)
9. Rise in the Number of Hotels (2012, 2022e)
10. Energy Generation Through Solar Projects under JNNSM (2009, 2011, 2022e)
11. Annual Demand for Lead-Acid Batteries With Off-Grid Solar Projects (2009, 2022e)
12. Permissible Levels of Blood Lead Counts
13. Lead Prices (Jan 2008-Jul 2014)
14. Replacement Market Segmentation
1. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies-Operational Basis (FY 2013)
2. Competitive Benchmarking-Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies-Financial Basis (FY 2013)
3. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Financial Snapshot
b. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
c. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Comparative Analysis of Different Types of Batteries
1. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2012)
2. Company profiles (All Companies)
a. Company Information
b. Products and Services
c. Key People
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies)
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights
2. Sources of Information
1. Amara Raja Batteries Ltd.
2. Exide Industries Ltd.
3. HBL Power Systems Ltd.
4. Aegan Batteries Ltd.
5. Alfa Batteries Pvt. Ltd.
6. AMCO Batteries Ltd.
7. Celtek Batteries Pvt. Ltd.
8. Okaya Power Ltd.
9. Power Build Batteries Pvt. Ltd.
10. Su-Kam Power Systems Pvt. Ltd.
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports