Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Defense Spending Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global Defense Spending industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Questions Answered:
- What was the size of the global defense spending market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global defense spending market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global defense spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global defense spending market?
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global defense spending market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- Defense spending covers capital items, military personnel, government defense agencies, and related expenditure on defense and peacekeeping. The value of the market is taken to include both current and capital expenditure on the armed forces, including funding contributions to peacekeeping forces, such as the United Nations Peacekeeping Forces, defense ministries and other government agencies engaged in defense projects, paramilitary forces (when judged to be trained and equipped for military operations) and military space activities. Expenditure on personnel (including salaries and social services of both military and civil personnel, and retirement pensions of military personnel), procurement, research and development, infrastructure spending, military aid (taken as expenditure by the donor country) and general operations and maintenance are also included. Note that current expenditure on previous military activity such as veterans' benefits, weapon destruction, demobilization, and defense conversion are all excluded, as is expenditure on civil defense.
- Values are segmented by the proportion of the market attributable to the army, navy and air force, with any other expenditures contained under "other".
- The volume of the market measures the number of active serving personnel in the national army, air force, navy (including marines and coast guard) and other elements of the service, such as Joint Staff.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The global defense spending market had total budget allocation of USD 1,635.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market volumes declined with a CARC of -0.1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 18,672,383 active serving personnel in 2017.
- The US made up 37.3% of global spending on defense in 2017; this demonstrates the power the US has over the rest of the world.
Reasons to buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global defense spending market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global defense spending market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key defense spending market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global defense spending market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Table of Contents
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
What is this report about? 22
Who is the target reader? 22
How to use this report 22
Global Defense Spending 23<
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
MarketLine, Aerospace and Defense, Defense Spending , Global
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports