Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
SM Investments Corporation (SM)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
SM Investments Corporation (SMIC) is a holding company. It operates through subsidiary entities in retail, tourism, shopping mall, banking, and real estate development sectors. The company develops, operates and maintains residential, commercial, hotels and convention centers and leisure and resorts properties. SMIC operates in retail business through a network of retail stores that sell apparels, food, and other merchandise. The company also offers financial services such as banking, leasing and financing, investment banking and allied services. It operates under brands SM stores, SM markets, SM Residences, SM Commercial Properties and SM Hotel. The company's operations are spread across China and Philippines. SMIC is headquartered in Pasay city, Philippines.
SM Investments Corporation Key Recent Developments
May 09,2018: SM Consolidated Net Income Up 10% in Q1, Revenue Growth Increases to 11%
May 07,2018: SM Prime posts 15% increase in overall net income in Q1 2018
Feb 19,2018: New Malls and Residential Units Sales increase SM Prime's Net Income to 16% in 2017
Aug 09,2017: SM Investments revenue increases 7% in H1 2017
Aug 03,2017: SM Supermarket receives best supermarket award for 2016 from Philippine Retailers Association
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
SM Investments Corporation-Key Facts 6
SM Investments Corporation-Key Employees 7
SM Investments Corporation-Key Employee Biographies 8
SM Investments Corporation-Major Products and Services 9
SM Investments Corporation-History 10
SM Investments Corporation-Company Statement 12
SM Investments Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2-Company Analysis 15
Company Overview 15
SM Investments Corporation-Business Description 16
Business Segment: Financial services and others 16
Key Stats 16
Business Segment: Property 16
Key Stats 16
Business Segment: Retail 17
Key Stats 17
SM Investments Corporation-SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis-Overview 18
SM Investments Corporation-Strengths 18
SM Investments Corporation-Weaknesses 19
SM Investments Corporation-Opportunities 20
SM Investments Corporation-Threats 21
SM Investments Corporation-Key Competitors 22
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 29
SM Investments Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 30
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 31
May 09, 2018: SM Consolidated Net Income Up 10% in Q1, Revenue Growth Increases to 11% 31
Feb 19, 2018: New Malls and Residential Units Sales increase SM Prime's Net Income to 16% in 2017 32
Aug 03, 2017: SM Supermarket receives best supermarket award for 2016 from Philippine Retailers Association 33
May 10, 2017: SM Investments Q1 net income increases 34
Mar 01, 2017: SM net income at PHP31 billion in 2016 35
Feb 09, 2017: SM Aura Premier Mall receives LEED Gold Green Building Certfication 37
Section 5-Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List of Figures
SM Investments Corporation, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 27
SM Investments Corporation, Ratio Charts 29
List of Tables
SM Investments Corporation, Key Facts 6
SM Investments Corporation, Key Employees 7
SM Investments Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
SM Investments Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
SM Investments Corporation, History 10
SM Investments Corporation, Subsidiaries 13
SM Investments Corporation, Affiliate 13
SM Investments Corporation, Key Competitors 22
SM Investments Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 23
SM Investments Corporation, Annual Ratios 24
SM Investments Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 25
SM Investments Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 26
SM Investments Corporation, Interim Ratios 28
SM Investments Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 30
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
UnionBank of the Philippines
Robinsons Land Corporation
Filinvest Development Corporation
Ever-Gotesco Resources and Holdings, Inc.
Cebu Holdings Inc
SM Investments Corporation, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports