Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Online Retail Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global Online Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: sector size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the global online retail sector by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global online retail sector in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global online retail sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global online retail sector?
- Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global online retail sector. Includes sector size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of sector growth trends and leading companies.
- The Online retail market includes all sales within each category listed below, provided they take place over the internet, where the payment does not occur in-store on a later occasion. Data is included irrespective of whether the vendor is a pure-play internet company or the online offering of a bricks and mortar retailer.
- Apparel retail includes menswear, womenswear and childrenswear.
- Electrical & electronics retail includes communications equipment, computer hardware & software, consumer electronics, household appliances and photographic equipment.
- Food & grocery retail includes food, drinks, household products and tobacco.
- Footwear includes men's, women's and children's footwear.
- Home & garden products includes gardening & outdoor living, home improvement and homewares.
- Any other retail market segments include only the sub-markets named.
- The "Other" segment is a sum of the following markets; Jewelry, Watches & Accessories; Toys & Games; Games Software and Sports Equipment.
- All currency conversions are calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The global online retail sector had total revenues of USD 929.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The electrical & electronics retail segment was the sector's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of USD 297.9bn, equivalent to 32% of the sector's overall value.
- M-commerce in Asia-Pacific has been growing at a stronger and faster pace than in developed countries. This is due to the fact that most consumers within the developing countries of Asia-Pacific skipped the use of personal computers, shifting directly to smartphones to access the internet.
Reasons to buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global online retail sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global online retail sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key online retail sector players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global online retail sector with five year forecasts
Table of Contents
Market value forecast
What is this report about?
Who is the target reader?
How to use this report
Global Online Retail
Five forces analysis
Online Retail in Asia-Pacific
Five forces analysis
Online Retail in Europe
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports