Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Insurance Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global Insurance industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The life insurance sector consists of mortality protection and annuity.
- The non-life insurance sector consists of accident and health, and property and casualty insurance segments.
- All currency conversions have been calculated at constant annual 2017 average exchange rates.
- The global insurance market had total gross written premiums of USD 4,760.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The life segment was the market's most lucrative in 2017, with total gross written premiums of USD 2,611.1bn, equivalent to 54.8% of the market's overall value.
- The rapid emergence of Asia-Pacific markets, particularly China, has largely contributed to the growth of the global market. This contribution becomes more apparent from the fact that developed markets such as those in Europe or the US have steadily fallen below the global average due to saturation and high penetration rates of non-life insurance. The low interest environment, especially in Europe, has eroded the investment income of insurers, preventing stimulation through premium undercutting means.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global insurance market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global insurance market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global insurance market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global insurance market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global insurance market?
Table of Contents
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
What is this report about? 25
Who is the target reader? 25
How to use this report 25
Global Insurance 26
Market Overview 26
Market Data 28
Market Segmentation 29
Market outlook 32
Five forces analysis 33
Insurance in Asia-Pacific 43
Market Overview 43
Market Data 44
Market Segmentation 45
Market outlook 48
Five forces analysis 49
Insurance in Europe 59
Market Overview 59
Market Data 61
Market Segmentation 62
Market outlook 65
Five forces analysis 66
Insurance in France 76
Market Overview 76
Market Data 77
Market Segmentation 78
Market outlook 81
Five forces analysis 82
Macroeconomic indicators 92
Insurance in Germany 94
Market Overview 94
Market Data 95
Market Segmentation 96
Market outlook 99
Five forces analysis 100
Macroeconomic indicators 110
Insurance in Italy 112
Market Overview 112
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
MarketLine, Financial Services, Insurance, Global
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports