Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Employee Benefits in Malta 2018
The Maltese economy is one of the smallest in the EU. Employee benefits in Malta can be broadly classified into two types: social security benefits and private benefits. The Maltese social security system covers the entire population and plays a vital role in the country's welfare system. Almost all employers in Malta offer additional benefits to their employees to motivate and retain them.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Malta, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Malta, detailed information about the private benefits in Malta, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Malta.
- The Ministry for the Family and Social Solidarity, the Ministry for Health and the Department of Social Security are the main authorities supervising Maltese social security system in Malta.
- .The main benefits provided by the Maltese social security system are retirement benefits, disability benefits, sickness benefits, death benefits, workmen's compensation, maternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment benefits, health benefits, long-term care benefits and minimum resources benefits.
- The Maltese Social Security Act waives obligations relating to contribution payment in some exceptional cases.
- According to the Wage Regulation Order (WRO), the minimum wage for part-time employees is calculated on pro-rata basis in accordance with the full-time employees' hourly rate.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Malta.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Malta.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Malta.
- Assess Maltese employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Malta.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Maltese employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN MALTA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.2 Types of retirement plan
6.1.4 Pensionable age
6.1.5 Pensionable salary
6.1.7 Payment options
6.1.8 Employee and employer contributions
6.2 Death in Service
6.2.4 Payment options
6.2.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.3 Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment options
6.3.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.4 Short-Term Sickness Benefits
6.4.4 Payment options
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Employee benefits in Malta, Retirement benefits, Death in service, Long-term disability benefits, Medical benefits, Workmen's compensation, Maternity and paternity benefits, Family benefits, Unemployment, Leave, Private benefits
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports