Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Employee Benefits in Colombia 2018
Colombia has a basic social security system with low coverage and participation. The country's social insurance system was initially introduced for public sector employee groups only. Private sector employees secured coverage in 1946. Pension benefits were introduced with the creation of the Social Security Institute (ISS) in 1967. However, the ISS faced problems immediately due to low coverage and participation rates. To overcome this problem, the government created a new social security system through Law 100 of 1993. The law introduced a dual public-private competitive pension system-Regimen de Prima Media or average premium scheme (RPM), and the Regimen de Ahorro individual con Solidaridad, or individual savings system with solidarity (RAIS). In 2012, the administration of RPM was transferred from ISS to Colpensiones, a state-owned financial institution supervised by the Ministry of Labor, due to problems with debt and inefficiency. Private sector employees can choose between RPM and RAIS and have the option to change their membership once every five years. For self-employed and unemployed individuals there is a voluntary regime. Armed forces, police and teachers have their own separate systems.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Colombia, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Colombia, detailed information about the private benefits in Colombia, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Colombia.
- Old-age, survivor's and disability pensions, unemployment benefits, workmen's compensation, family benefits, and medical benefits are all compulsory schemes in Colombia.
- The Colombian social security system offers contributory and non-contributory benefits to vulnerable people in society.
- The introduction of a universal health insurance scheme in 1993 allowed the creation of the general social security system.
- Colombia's economy mainly depends on energy and mining exports, making it vulnerable to decrease in commodity prices.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Colombia.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Colombia.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Colombia.
- Assess Colombian employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Colombia.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Colombian employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN COLOMBIA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Employee benefits in Colombia, Retirement benefits, Death in service, Long-term disability benefits, Medical benefits, Workmen's compensation, Maternity and paternity benefits, Family benefits, Unemployment, Leave, Private benefits
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports