Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Employee Benefits in Botswana 2018
The Republic of Botswana has a range of social security programs, which cover the country's citizens, as well as people belonging to poor and vulnerable groups residing in rural communities. According to the National Policy for Rural Development (Government of Botswana-GoB, 2002), the aim of these programs is to reduce poverty and provide a social safety cover to all Botswanan individuals. These include the Universal Old-age Pension, the Orphan Care Program, the Labor-Based Drought Relief Program, and Supplementary Feeding for Vulnerable Groups and the Program for Destitute Persons. The Botswana Federation of Trade Unions (BFTU) is the workers' labor federation representing the country's laborers. In 1997, Botswana published a document now known as Vision 2016, which projects that poverty will be eradicated in the country by 2016. Pensions play a vital role in enhancing the earnings of the country's workforce after retirement. The government is also focusing on improving the social security framework to prevent people from falling into poverty. Private employers also provide benefits to employees in addition to mandatory employee benefits.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Botswana, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Botswana, detailed information about the private benefits in Botswana, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Botswana.
- Employee benefits which are required by law are known as state and compulsory benefits.
- Botswana has a wide range of social security programs, which cover its citizens, as well as people belonging to poor and vulnerable groups in rural communities.
- As benefits promote a work-life balance and recognize the efforts of employees, private companies in Botswana often offer additional benefits to motivate employees and improve their performance.
- The Ministry of Labor & Home Affairs (MLHA) is responsible for promoting gender equality, ensuring health and safety measures in the workplace, civil registration, immigration and citizenship in Botswana.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Botswana.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Botswana.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Botswana.
- Assess Botswana's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Botswana.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Botswana's employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN BOTSWANA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Employee benefits in Botswana, Retirement benefits, Death in service, Long-term disability benefits, Medical benefits, Workmen's compensation, Maternity and paternity benefits, Family benefits, Unemployment, Leave, Private benefits
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports