Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
PESTLE Insights: Singapore-Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Singapore's Central region acts as hub for most of the financial and professional services firms. West region is dominated by port and water transport industry due to proximity to the port, while East region is dominated by airlines industry due to proximity to Changi Airport
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 32.0% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (20.5%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (19.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.3%, 2.9% and 4.7%, respectively, in 2018.
- The Ministry of Transport is expected to spend SGD13.7 bn (USD 10.3 bn) in FY2018, an increase of 52.6% from the previous year.
- As per the Logistics Performance Index, Singapore's rank declined to seventh position in 2018 from fifth position in 2016.
- Majority of inward FDI was towards financial and insurance services sector in 2016
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country's snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies' presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Exhibits 3
Did you Know? 4
Country Highlights 5
Country Snapshot 7
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Singapore's Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World Average 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: Singapore Stock Market-strait Times Index (STI) 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: : FDI inflows (2010-2016) and share of FDI inflow by industry (2016) and FDI by industry (2012-2016) 16
Exhibit 7: Foreign investment by region (2013-2016) and share of foreign investment by investing countries (2016) 18
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2016 26
Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipment, % share in world exports, 2017 26
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate 28
Exhibit 17: Public Finance 29
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt 29
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment 31
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages 31
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index 31
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 32
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 24: Age-dependency ratio 32
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 34
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 35
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports) 35
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Singapore 2018 36
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 36
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports