Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
PESTLE Insights: Iran-Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 30.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (16.1%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (14.2%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 13.4%, 12.7% and 12.7%, respectively, in 2018
In 2018, around USD 59.5 mn has been invested in the development of infrastructure facilities covering an area of 240 hectares near IKIA, the main international airport of Iran.
- Four major provinces generate around 47.3% of the GDP of Iran and are home to 36.7% of the country's population, as of 2014
- In November 2018, the US Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) took several measures to finalize the re-imposition of sanctions against Iran as a response to US President Trump's (May 8, 2018) decision to terminate the US' participation in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- As part of the five-year economic plan (2017-2022), the Government of Iran predicts an average of USD 30 bn of foreign financing each year along with USD 15 bn foreign direct investments and USD 20 bn foreign investment through local partners.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country's snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies' presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Exhibits 3
Did you Know? 4
Country Highlights 5
Country Snapshot 7
PESTLE Insights 22
Political Landscape 23
Economic Landscape 24
Social Landscape 31
Technological Landscape 34
Legal Landscape 37
Environmental Landscape 38
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Iran's Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and North Africa and the World 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: TEPIX Index 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: FDI Flows Inward and Outward, 2014-2017 17
Exhibit 7: FDI Stock Inward and Outward, 2014-2017 17
Exhibit 8: Tax Holidays by Sector 19
Exhibit 9: Key Infrastructure Indicators 21
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 25
Exhibit 11: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 25
Exhibit 12: Export, Import and Trade Balance 26
Exhibit 13: Current Account Balance 26
Exhibit 14: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017 27
Exhibit 15: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of Their Distillation, % Share in World's Total, 2017 27
Exhibit 16: Interest Rates 29
Exhibit 17: Exchange Rate 29
Exhibit 18: Public Finance 30
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt 30
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment 32
Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages 32
Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index 32
Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population 33
Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population 33
Exhibit 25: Gender Split 33
Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017 35
Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018 36
Exhibit 28: Business Enterprise R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-16 36
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Iran 2019 37
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 37
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions 38
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
National Iranian Drilling Co.
Abadan Oil refining Co
Iran, investments, elections, FDI, PESTLE, sectors, MarketLine Country Risk Index, economic growth, technology, corruption, environmental treaties
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports