Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Payments Landscape in the Netherlands: Opportunities and Risks to 2022
GlobalData's "Payments Landscape in the Netherlands: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Dutch cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, cash, direct debits, cards, and cheques during the review-period (2014-18e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018e-22f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Dutch cards and payments industry, including-
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Dutch cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cheques, cash, direct debits, and cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Dutch cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- To foster the use of electronic payments and realize the need for instant payments in the Netherlands, the Dutch Payments Association is now working towards building infrastructure for real-time instant payments. The development of the system began in 2015, and it is scheduled to go live by May 2019. All major Dutch banks have decided to contribute towards its development. Once implemented, the new instant payment system will enable individuals to transfer funds within five seconds with no amount limit.
- Digital banks made inroads into the Netherlands during the review period. In February 2016, Pocopay launched its mobile banking service in the Netherlands. It offers a current account and a Mastercard-branded contactless debit card. Meanwhile, Germany-based mobile-only bank N26 launched in the country in December 2016. Account holders are offered a Mastercard debit card that can be used to make payments in stores and online. Mobile-only bank Bunq also operates in the country.
- In order to reduce the costs and risks of handling cash, in May 2017 ABN AMRO, ING, Rabobank, and Geldservice Nederland partnered to create a joint ATM network. This enables their customers to access any ATM of their choice, regardless of the bank that services the ATM. The project is being implemented in phases, and is expected to complete by the end of 2020.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Dutch cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Dutch cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Dutch cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in the Netherlands.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Dutch cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Mobile Proximity Payments
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
The cards and payments industry in the Netherlands, Financial cards, Debit cards, Credit cards, Charge cards, E-commerce, Alternative payments
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports