Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Botswana: In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Botswana provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Botswana, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Botswana's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
- Understand the political system in Botswana through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Botswana through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Botswana through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Botswana through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Botswana in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Botswana perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Botswana perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Botswana perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments January 2017-May 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 12
Key political figures 12
Structure of government 12
Structure of legislature 12
Composition of government 13
Key policies 13
Governance indicators 14
Economic Landscape 15
Structure and policies 16
Financial system 16
GDP and growth rate 17
Fiscal situation 21
External debt 22
International investment position 22
Monetary situation 22
Social Landscape 25
Structure and policies 25
Demographic composition 25
Social welfare 27
Technological Landscape 29
Structure and policies 29
Intellectual property 29
Research and development 29
Opportunity sectors 30
Research and development 30
Ask the analyst 31
About MarketLine 31
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Botswana 9
Figure 2: Botswana-Key Political Events Timeline 11
Figure 3: Botswana-Key Political Figures 12
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in Parliament following the October 2014 Elections 13
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Botswana, 2007-2017 16
Figure 6: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Botswana (2010, Constant Prices), 2012-2022f 17
Figure 7: Sector-Specific GDP in Botswana, 2016 18
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Botswana, 2011-2016 19
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Botswana, 2011-2016 20
Figure 10: Services Output in Botswana, 2011-2016 21
Figure 11: External Trade, 2013-2017 22
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Botswana, 2011-2022f 23
Figure 13: Unemployment in Botswana, 2011-2022f 24
Figure 14: Major Religions in Botswana, 2011 27
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure, 2011-2017 28
Figure 16: Internet Users in Botswana, 2012-2016 30
List of Tables
Table 1: Botswana-Key Facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (Percentage of Population) in 2017 26
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports