Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Norfolk Southern Corp (Norfolk Southern) is a rail transport company. It provides transportation of raw materials, intermediate products and finished goods. The company offers freight services for coal, chemicals, agriculture, consumer products, metals, construction materials, automotive, paper, clay and forest products. Norfolk Southern provides supply management solutions through its transload network. It also offers industrial development and real estate services. Norfolk Southern manages overseas freight transport services through several Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports. The company provides intermodal shipments through trailers, domestic and international containers. It operates railway network in several US states including New York, Virginia, Kansas and North Carolina. Norfolk Southern is headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, the US.
Norfolk Southern Corp Key Recent Developments
Sep 28,2018: Deal would move Norfolk Southern headquarters to Atlanta
Jul 25,2018: Norfolk Southern reports second-quarter 2018 results
Jun 25,2018: Norfolk Southern names Vanessa L Allen Sutherland vice president law
Apr 25,2018: Norfolk Southern reports first-quarter 2018 results
Jan 24,2018: Norfolk Southern reports fourth-quarter and full-year 2017 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Norfolk Southern Corp-Key Facts 6
Norfolk Southern Corp-Key Employees 7
Norfolk Southern Corp-Key Employee Biographies 9
Norfolk Southern Corp-Major Products and Services 10
Norfolk Southern Corp-History 11
Norfolk Southern Corp-Company Statement 14
Norfolk Southern Corp-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Norfolk Southern Corp-Business Description 18
Business Segment: Agriculture/Consumer/Government 18
Business Segment: Automotive 18
Key Stats 18
Business Segment: Chemicals 18
Business Segment: Coal 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: Intermodal 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: Merchandise 19
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: Metals/Construction 20
Business Segment: Paper/Clay/Forest 20
Norfolk Southern Corp-SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis-Overview 21
Norfolk Southern Corp-Strengths 21
Norfolk Southern Corp-Weaknesses 22
Norfolk Southern Corp-Opportunities 23
Norfolk Southern Corp-Threats 24
Norfolk Southern Corp-Key Competitors 25
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 32
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 33
Jul 25, 2018: Norfolk Southern reports second-quarter 2018 results 33
Jun 25, 2018: Norfolk Southern names Vanessa L Allen Sutherland vice president law 34
Apr 25, 2018: Norfolk Southern reports first-quarter 2018 results 35
Jan 24, 2018: Norfolk Southern reports fourth-quarter and full-year 2017 results 36
Jan 22, 2018: Jennifer F. Scanlon elected to Norfolk Southern board of directors 37
Dec 14, 2017: Corsa Coal announces 2018 operational and sales guidance 38
Sep 27, 2017: Norfolk Southern appoints Galanko, Scheib to new positions 40
Aug 14, 2017: Norfolk Southern appoints Cynthia Earhart executive vice president and chief financial officer 41
Jul 26, 2017: Norfolk Southern Q2 net income increases 42
Apr 26, 2017: Norfolk Southern announces retirement of executive vice president and CFO 43
Section 5-Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List of Figures
Norfolk Southern Corp, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 30
Norfolk Southern Corp, Ratio Charts 32
List of Tables
Norfolk Southern Corp, Key Facts 6
Norfolk Southern Corp, Key Employees 7
Norfolk Southern Corp, Key Employee Biographies 9
Norfolk Southern Corp, Major Products and Services 10
Norfolk Southern Corp, History 11
Norfolk Southern Corp, Subsidiaries 16
Norfolk Southern Corp, Key Competitors 25
Norfolk Southern Corp, Ratios based on current share price 26
Norfolk Southern Corp, Annual Ratios 27
Norfolk Southern Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 28
Norfolk Southern Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 29
Norfolk Southern Corp, Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Union Pacific Corporation
The Kansas City Southern Railway Co
Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Florida East Coast
Canadian National Railway Co
Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC
Norfolk Southern Corp, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports