Click on add to cart to add all the sections in shopping cart
Click on the cart to proceed to payment
Click on Checkout to complete the final checkout
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CPRL) is an operator of transcontinental freight railway in Canada and the US. It provides rail and intermodal transportation services connecting the business centers of Canada from Quebec, Montreal to British Columbia, Vancouver and the US Midwest and Northeast regions. The company transports bulk commodities such as coal, potash, Sulphur, grain and fertilizers; and merchandise freight, which include forest, industrial, consumer products and energy products, automotive products and general merchandise. The company also offers intermodal shipping and logistics solutions, and transload and trucking services. Its major yards, terminals and transload facilities are situated in British Colombia, Alberta, Manitoba, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Minnesota and Illinois. CPRL is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Key Recent Developments
Jul 19,2018: Canadian Pacific Railway announces Q2 revenues
May 30,2018: Praise for the Quick Resolution of CP Rail Strike by Mining Industry
May 03,2018: Alberta To Hold Talks On Crude Transport With Producers, Railways -Minister
Apr 18,2018: CP reports first quarter revenue of USD1.66 billion; positive momentum heading into second quarter
Apr 18,2018: CP reports first quarter revenue of USD1.66 billion
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1-About the Company 6
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Key Facts 6
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Key Employees 7
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Key Employee Biographies 8
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Major Products and Services 10
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-History 11
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Company Statement 14
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2-Company Analysis 18
Company Overview 18
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Business Description 19
Business Segment: Freight 19
Business Segment: Non-Freight 19
Business Segment: The US 20
Geographical Segment: Canada 20
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Corporate Strategy 21
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis-Overview 22
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Strengths 22
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Weaknesses 23
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Opportunities 24
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Threats 25
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited-Key Competitors 26
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 33
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 35
May 30, 2018: Praise for the Quick Resolution of CP Rail Strike by Mining Industry 35
Apr 18, 2018: CP reports first quarter revenue of USD1.66 billion; positive momentum heading into second quarter 36
Apr 18, 2018: CP reports first quarter revenue of USD1.66 billion; positive momentum heading into second quarter 37
Apr 18, 2018: CP reports first quarter revenue of USD1.66 billion; positive momentum heading into second quarter 38
Apr 18, 2018: CP reports first quarter revenue of USD1.66 billion 39
Jan 18, 2018: CP reports record fourth-quarter and record full-year results on the strength of its operating model and disciplined approach in the marketplace 40
Jul 19, 2017: Canadian Pacific Railway Q2 net income up 42
May 02, 2017: Canadian Pacific announces opening of K+S Potash Canada's Legacy mine 43
Apr 19, 2017: Canadian Pacific Railway Q1 net income down 44
Mar 13, 2017: K+S Potash Canada announces arrival of 177 rail cars at Legacy Project 45
Section 5-Appendix 46
Ratio Definitions 46
About GlobalData 50
Contact Us 50
List of Figures
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 31
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Ratio Charts 33
List of Tables
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Key Facts 6
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Key Employees 7
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Key Employee Biographies 8
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Major Products and Services 10
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, History 11
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Other Locations 16
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Subsidiaries 17
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Key Competitors 26
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Ratios based on current share price 27
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Annual Ratios 28
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 30
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Interim Ratios 32
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, Recent Deals Summary 34
Currency Codes 46
Capital Market Ratios 46
Equity Ratios 47
Profitability Ratios 47
Cost Ratios 48
Liquidity Ratios 48
Leverage Ratios 49
Efficiency Ratios 49
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC
Canadian National Railway Co
Norfolk Southern Corp
RSI Logistics, Inc.
Union Pacific Corporation
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
"Marketing Manager, Western Union Business Solutions"
"Sales Manager, Largest India Aesthetic Laser Manufacturer"
For Regular updates on our latest research reports